D2iQ is on a mission to provide the best multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud services platform in the industry, built with Kubernetes. We’re looking for highly motivated engineers to join us.
This team is responsible for delivering a world-class global-scale, multi-cloud infrastructure automation platform to some of the most innovative names in tech, cloud, healthcare and financial services.
This position will give you the opportunity to collaborate with the brightest engineering minds in cloud infrastructure and distributed systems, as you design and develop reliable, resilient, and scalable services with Kubernetes.
As an ideal candidate, you would have empathy for your customer and your team, and welcome customer feedback. You would excel with minimal technical supervision, and design and implement solutions independently, while also supporting your team members. You would embrace time constraints, and work with team members to deliver high-quality products and features, with rapid iteration.
Applicants residing in Germany or the United Kingdom are invited to apply. You may work remotely in those countries or out of our office in Hamburg, Germany.
Enabling organizations to change the world through open source innovation.
We maximize our customer's business value by relentlessly delivering deep expertise and unrivaled technology that utilizes automation to solve the toughest of cloud native challenges including state, scale and resiliency.
- You can provide an awesome customer support experience for all our users and enjoy working with customers to triage DKP problems in both cloud based and on premise network environments.
- Research, identify, reproduce and document bugs in the product.
- Enjoy educating customers on best practice materials for all aspects of DKP.
- Advocate the customer’s perspective during product and architecture planning while also thinking outside your role to improve our company and product.
- Work directly with Field Operations (Sales, Account Management) to process, defect and feature requests encountered during adoption and retention efforts.
- Take personal areas of expertise and make them your own; when not working directly with the customer, we frequently write knowledge base articles, documentation, and tooling.
- Track and document customer support issues, guaranteeing they meet documented SLAs
- Ensure customer feedback reaches the correct teams within D2iQ
- Gather feedback from other departments, including Sales, Success, Product, and others, to improve the overall customer experience
- Continuous process improvements – support engineering tools, process, on-call rotations, team structure, etc.
- Above all, you are an enthusiastic teammate who can communicate well, and is eager to learn and help others.
Experience & Skills
- Kubernetes Operations
- Cloud infrastructure and deployment (Amazon, Azure, Google, etc)
- Unix/Linux system administration
- Docker or other containerization technologies
- Root cause analysis
- Networking fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, TCP, etc)
- Ticketing systems experience (JIRA, Salesforce, Zendesk, etc)
- CKA Certification
- Experience with large production deployments
- Experience with scalable, distributed, and highly available systems
- Experience with remote work
- Experience in a support engineering role
D2iQ’s Core Values
We are customer-driven
We are driven by the success of our customers and we deliver a top-notch partnership throughout their journeys. We believe if our customer wins, we win.
We are team always
We are dependable and effective in building positive relationships with our peers. We are relentlessly humble and demonstrate a high-level of respect in our interactions.
We are champions of change
We have a hunger to continuously learn and the courage to take intelligent risks. We’re pioneers, innovators, and change-makers to the core.
We are relentless
We raise the bar and execute flawlessly. We’re serious about ownership and effectively balance quality output with efficient speed.
D2iQ simplifies and automates the really difficult tasks needed for enterprise Kubernetes in production at scale, reducing operational burden and TCO. With an open source and flexible approach to automation, the D2iQ Kubernetes Platform will deliver the results required regardless if you are deploying in the cloud, on-premise, in a highly secure air-gapped environment, or on the edge. As a cloud native pioneer, we have more than a decade of experience tackling the most complex, mission-critical deployments in the industry. D2iQ investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Khosla Ventures, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Microsoft, and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. For more information visit www.d2iq.com.
D2iQ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.