D2iQ is seeking a Senior UX Engineer to help build our D2iQ Kubernetes Platform. As a UX Engineer at D2iQ, you should be passionate about building usable and polished products and interfaces. D2iQ is an enterprise software company, selling to the Fortune 500, but the Founders come from consumer startups (Airbnb, Twitter) and value great design. We believe internal tools should be as beautiful and easy to use as the world's best designed products.
You will be part of the Frontend Engineering team but work closely with Product Design. We are looking for someone who can think several steps ahead and is able to articulate their development decisions. We are building a world class enterprise team and are looking for someone with a great personality and who is eager to gain experience and be part of that mission.
We’re a team of multidisciplinary engineers and designers who span UI development, infrastructure design, user research, interaction design and visual design. We sketch a lot. We prototype a lot. We test and validate our designs. We write about our process and encourage each other to show off our work to the world. We believe that the technological demands of modern applications are becoming increasingly complex, and as such we have a duty to make the tools used to develop and deliver these applications simpler and easier to use.
This is a full-time, fully remote position. We accept applications from candidates currently residing and authorized to work in the USA, UK, and Germany. In Germany, you may work remotely or from our office in Hamburg.
- You’re passionate about bridging the gap between Design and Engineering.
- Own, develop and scale our design system and component library, while establishing our design operations practice.
- Work directly on the interface and experience of our products.
- Create prototypes for proof of concepts and validation.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Develop clean user interfaces to mirror UX requirements and designs.
- Collaborate closely with Designers and Engineers to create patterns and components that work across multiple devices and make our products a delight to use.
- Improve quality by identifying tech/UX debt and providing solutions.
- Play a key role in realizing our product vision.
- Adapt quickly to change in a fast paced startup environment.
Experience & Skills
- Intuitive mind for good user experience.
- Able to effectively communicate with other team members.
- Experience developing for both responsive web and mobile.
- Relevant understanding of best-practices and trends in UI/UX design.
- Obsessive attention to even the smallest of details.
- Great time management skills.
- Portfolio of past work showcasing your process.
- Familiar with visual design and prototyping tools such as Sketch and InVision.
- Familiar with building and managing design systems.
- Know how to make interfaces accessible, performant, and when to use progressive enhancement and graceful degradation.
- [Bonus] Data visualization experience.
D2iQ’s Core Values
We are customer-driven
We are driven by the success of our customers and we deliver a top-notch partnership throughout their journeys. We believe if our customer wins, we win.
We are team always
We are dependable and effective in building positive relationships with our peers. We are relentlessly humble and demonstrate a high-level of respect in our interactions.
We are champions of change
We have a hunger to continuously learn and the courage to take intelligent risks. We’re pioneers, innovators, and change-makers to the core.
We are relentless
We raise the bar and execute flawlessly. We’re serious about ownership and effectively balance quality output with efficient speed.
D2iQ is the leading provider of enterprise-grade cloud platforms that enable organizations to embrace open source and cloud native innovations while delivering smarter Day 2 operations. With unmatched experience driving some of the world's largest cloud deployments, D2iQ empowers organizations to better navigate and accelerate cloud native journeys with enterprise-grade technologies, training, professional services and support. Whether you are deploying your first Kubernetes workload, optimizing your business analytics with Spark or Jupyter, or looking to educate your developers on the benefits of cloud native, D2iQ has the expertise, services and technology to enable you on the journey. D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in London, Hamburg, Germany and Beijing. D2iQ investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Khosla Ventures, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Microsoft, and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. Find us at https://d2iq.com/
Enabling organizations to change the world through open source innovation.
We maximize our customer's business value by relentlessly delivering deep expertise and unrivaled technology that utilizes automation to solve the toughest of cloud native challenges including state, scale and resiliency.
D2iQ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.