D2iQ is currently seeking a Senior Sales Engineer in the United Kingdom. In this position, you will be the technical representative for D2iQ's products and services in the Enterprise Field Sales organization. This is a hands-on technologist role. You are not just doing slideware, you’re architecting enterprise data solutions for large organizations. Experience seeing the entire lifecycle from conception to design to technology evaluation to pilot program to implementation to maintenance and support is crucial. Distributed systems, programming, datacenter operations, and previous Kubernetes and DC/OS or Mesos experience are all huge pluses. We're looking for customer-facing hands-on technologists with a track record of success.
- Working with customers, partners, and prospects to understand and propose solutions
- Manage technical sales process for numerous customers day to day
- Map customer requirements to current and future offerings
- Own the technical sales process from introductory meetings (net new sales) through post-sales (customer satisfaction, upselling, and subscription renewals)
- Educate prospects on the business value of D2iQ's offerings
- Drive progress towards successful sales, in concert with Account Executives
- Focus on customer satisfaction and success
- Continuously learn and update skills in quickly evolving technologies
- 5+ years technical experience plus 5+ years customer-facing experience
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Good EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- Unix/Linux expertise a must
- Comfortable working with, most importantly listening and having technical discussions with customers
- Experience with public speaking, and giving pitches
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with several of the following:
- Distributed systems: Kubernetes, Docker, VMware Virtualization, Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Zookeeper, Kafka, Cassandra, Microservice architectures
- Nice to have: Programming languages - C, C++, Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, Bash
- Datacenter operations: provisioning, capacity planning, network design, virtualization, storage concepts.
- Understanding of Cloud Platforms and concepts like: AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
D2iQ’s Core Values
We are customer-driven
We are driven by the success of our customers and we deliver a top-notch partnership throughout their journeys. We believe if our customer wins, we win.
We are team always
We are dependable and effective in building positive relationships with our peers. We are relentlessly humble and demonstrate a high-level of respect in our interactions.
We are champions of change
We have a hunger to continuously learn and the courage to take intelligent risks. We’re pioneers, innovators, and change-makers to the core.
We are relentless
We raise the bar and execute flawlessly. We’re serious about ownership and effectively balance quality output with efficient speed.
D2iQ simplifies and automates the really difficult tasks needed for enterprise Kubernetes in production at scale, reducing operational burden and TCO. With an open source and flexible approach to automation, the D2iQ Kubernetes Platform will deliver the results required regardless if you are deploying in the cloud, on-premise, in a highly secure air-gapped environment, or on the edge. As a cloud native pioneer, we have more than a decade of experience tackling the most complex, mission-critical deployments in the industry. D2iQ investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Khosla Ventures, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Microsoft, and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. For more information visit www.d2iq.com.
Enabling organizations to change the world through open source innovation.
We maximize our customer's business value by relentlessly delivering deep expertise and unrivaled technology that utilizes automation to solve the toughest of cloud native challenges including state, scale and resiliency.
D2iQ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.