D2iQ (formerly Mesosphere) is looking for a Product Manager to work on strategic initiatives and features in our DKP (D2iQ Kubernetes Platform). Collaborating with customers, the open-source community, partners, engineering, marketing and other D2iQ internal functions, the Product Manager will work with the larger product team to continue the market success of our platform. Candidates must currently be located in the United States.
Enabling organizations to change the world through open source innovation.
We maximize our customer's business value by relentlessly delivering deep expertise and unrivaled technology that utilizes automation to solve the toughest of cloud native challenges including state, scale and resiliency.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the execution of the Product Roadmap based on company vision, strategic innovations, customer input & competitive landscape.
- Lead groups of cross-functional teams to deliver the whole product experience, including software development, documentation, services, and GTM.
- Be the voice of the customer and deliver complete solutions that satisfy key use-cases, not just point level features.
- Be the voice of the customer and drive product adoption through increasing production deployments.
- Establish strong relationships as "Account Sponsors" with key customers in must-win situations.
- Execute Technical Product Manager and Release Manager responsibilities.
Collaboration Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Deliver customer and field enablement through technical collateral which includes deep dive decks, best practices, demos, validated solutions guides and competitive marketing.
- Lead product evangelism, beta programs, and customer feedback.
- Work with field teams on high-touch customer POC engagements.
- Provide Product Leadership with data driven insights based on primary market research, in-bound inquiries, and existing customer data.
- 2+ years of experience in a Product Management or related technical role.
- Knowledge of the Kubernetes or distributed computing market and current trends is a must.
- Proven track record of shipping successful enterprise software products is a must
- Experience with Machine Learning and AI is a plus.
- Technical understanding in one or more technology areas: containerization, virtualization, CI/CD, data center infrastructure, networking, storage, security, operating systems.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems operations: Install, Upgrade, Backup / Restore, Compatibility Matrix, OS Support, Logging, Metrics, UI, CLI, Telemetry, etc.
- Strong understanding of one or more Public Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experience with lean or agile product development methods
- Detail oriented and passionate about a great user experience combined with the ability to back proposed decisions by data
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable working with a globally distributed team in the United States, Europe, and Australia
- In the future, the ability to travel to customer sites in the US and EU (~3-5 times a year) for product related meetings
D2iQ’s Core Values
We are customer-driven
We are driven by the success of our customers and we deliver a top-notch partnership throughout their journeys. We believe if our customer wins, we win.
We are team always
We are dependable and effective in building positive relationships with our peers. We are relentlessly humble and demonstrate a high-level of respect in our interactions.
We are champions of change
We have a hunger to continuously learn and the courage to take intelligent risks. We’re pioneers, innovators, and change-makers to the core.
We are relentless
We raise the bar and execute flawlessly. We’re serious about ownership and effectively balance quality output with efficient speed.
D2iQ simplifies and automates the complex tasks needed for enterprise Kubernetes in production at scale, reducing operational burden and TCO. With an open source and flexible approach to automation, the D2iQ Kubernetes Platform will deliver the results required regardless if you are deploying in the cloud, on-premise, in a highly secure air-gapped environment, or on the edge. As a cloud native pioneer, we have more than a decade of experience tackling the most complex, mission-critical deployments in the industry. D2iQ investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Khosla Ventures, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Microsoft, and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. For more information visit www.d2iq.com.
D2iQ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.