D2iQ is building a top-notch educational services organization to deliver technical training on D2iQ’s Kubernetes Platform (DKP) and ecosystem solutions. As a lead Education Curriculum Architect/Developer, you will be analyzing training needs and collaborating with Kubernetes experts in order to develop creative and engaging learning experiences for the classroom, video, and on-demand training courses for our customers. This role will be focused on two key objectives:
- Development and Continual Improvement of the course curriculums, courseware, and content
- Conduct Delivery of training for multiple mediums.
This role may also be called upon to deliver onsite training as requested by customers. Ultimately you will play a key role in the foundation and growth of the department.
- Deep understanding of Cloud Native technologies in order to understand the services and develop effective training for our customers.
- Collaborate effectively with technical experts and others to support initiatives.
- Design and develop creative training programs, modules, and materials for multiple delivery methods, including remote learning, classroom learning, interactive e-learning modules, videos, and hands-on labs.
- Develop Enterprise-class courseware for a variety of personas within the Cloud Native technologists (operators, administrators, engineers, & architects), from infrastructure, platform, applications to data.
- Perform needs and task analysis, scope projects, and evaluate existing documentation to identify the most appropriate training approach and content to meet the learning needs of each audience across multiple global locations.
- Adapt to new innovations by revising content in a version-controlled manner.
- Develop and maintain technical training content, hands-on lab exercises, and presentations for live, virtual, and online training
- Develop and maintain certification programs aligned to CNCF certifications (CKA, CKAD, CKS).
- Manage Learning Management System and maintain course catalog and learning paths
- Work closely with business owners and technical specialists to develop and continually improve training content, best practices, and evaluation methods
- Periodic travel may be required, but this is primarily a D2iQ office or remote home office role
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to quickly learn and grasp advanced concepts
- Strong courseware development skills with Cloud Native landscape focused on Kubernetes and ecosystem.
- Strong courseware development skills with complex Linux-based enterprise software
- Experience with technical training delivery for enterprise-class distributed computing software
- Strong functional and architectural knowledge of Linux distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, and CoreOS
- Hands-on experience with Linux container technologies such as Docker. Familiarity with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes.
- Cloud management platform experience, Deployment Automation, and Orchestration tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform), DevOps practices, CI/CD toolchain (Argo, Flux, Tekton, Jenkins, Artifactory); Data Skills, including proficiency in at least a few of the following: Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch; AI/ML (KubeFlow, Jupyter)
- Candidate must possess excellent written, presentation, and communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Infographics and design a plus
- Startup experience is a plus
- Ability to travel about 25% of the time or less
D2iQ’s Core Values
We are customer-driven
We are driven by the success of our customers and we deliver a top-notch partnership throughout their journeys. We believe if our customer wins, we win.
We are team always
We are dependable and effective in building positive relationships with our peers. We are relentlessly humble and demonstrate a high-level of respect in our interactions.
We are champions of change
We have a hunger to continuously learn and the courage to take intelligent risks. We’re pioneers, innovators, and change-makers to the core.
We are relentless
We raise the bar and execute flawlessly. We’re serious about ownership and effectively balance quality output with efficient speed.
D2iQ simplifies and automates the really difficult tasks needed for enterprise Kubernetes in production at scale, reducing operational burden and TCO. With an open source and flexible approach to automation, the D2iQ Kubernetes Platform will deliver the results required regardless if you are deploying in the cloud, on-premise, in a highly secure air-gapped environment, or on the edge. As a cloud native pioneer, we have more than a decade of experience tackling the most complex, mission-critical deployments in the industry. D2iQ investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Khosla Ventures, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Microsoft, and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. For more information visit www.d2iq.com.
Enabling organizations to change the world through open source innovation.
We maximize our customer's business value by relentlessly delivering deep expertise and unrivaled technology that utilizes automation to solve the toughest of cloud native challenges including state, scale and resiliency.
D2iQ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.