The IT Specialist Contractor owns the customer-facing operations for D2iQ IT in North America. This person is responsible for technical support, employee onboarding and offboarding, device life cycle management, etc. This is a part-time role with a target of 20 hours per week.
As the primary IT contact for Day Two’ers in their region, the IT Specialist Contractor has daily opportunities to make positive impacts on the D2iQ community. This person is expected to prioritize and compartmentalize work in order to keep IT operations running smoothly while working on additional IT projects.
- Field and complete or assign incoming support requests from Day Two’ers based in North America, with occasional crossover to other regions
- Onboard new Day Two’ers in North America, including procurement, account and equipment deployments, and IT orientations
- Manage the life cycles of user devices
- Assist with A/V aspects of company All Hands
- Maintain and contribute to the company’s knowledge base by documenting common support requests and the required steps to resolution
- Commit to providing our internal customers with the highest-quality IT experience possible
- Maintain full availability during assigned hours, with occasional schedule adjustments as needed
- Make time to collaborate with the global IT team and other departments on technical and organizational projects
- Prioritize requests and projects according to business relevance
- Assume additional responsibilities related to IT operations as required by the business
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2–4 years’ experience in a service desk and/or IT operations role
- Experience working in the technology industry or a similar engineering-focused organization
- Experience supporting macOS, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience working in ticketing and documentation
- Experience administering common business systems and saas services, e.g. GitHub, Google Apps, Jira, Zoom, Slack, etc.
- Understanding of information security
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Work hard, play hard ethic
- Strong preference for candidates located in the SF Bay Area, but we will consider remote for exceptional candidates
D2iQ’s Core Values
We are customer-driven
We are driven by the success of our customers and we deliver a top-notch partnership throughout their journeys. We believe if our customer wins, we win.
We are team always
We are dependable and effective in building positive relationships with our peers. We are relentlessly humble and demonstrate a high-level of respect in our interactions.
We are champions of change
We have a hunger to continuously learn and the courage to take intelligent risks. We’re pioneers, innovators, and change-makers to the core.
We are relentless
We raise the bar and execute flawlessly. We’re serious about ownership and effectively balance quality output with efficient speed.
D2iQ simplifies and automates the really difficult tasks needed for enterprise Kubernetes in production at scale, reducing operational burden and TCO. With an open source and flexible approach to automation, the D2iQ Kubernetes Platform will deliver the results required regardless if you are deploying in the cloud, on-premise, in a highly secure air-gapped environment, or on the edge. As a cloud native pioneer, we have more than a decade of experience tackling the most complex, mission-critical deployments in the industry. D2iQ investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Khosla Ventures, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Microsoft, and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. For more information visit www.d2iq.com.
Enabling organizations to change the world through open source innovation.
We maximize our customer's business value by relentlessly delivering deep expertise and unrivaled technology that utilizes automation to solve the toughest of cloud native challenges including state, scale and resiliency.
D2iQ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.