D2iQ is currently seeking a Senior Sales Engineer located in the Western US. In this position, you will be the technical representative for D2iQ's products and services in the Enterprise Field Sales organization. This is a hands-on technologist role. You are not just doing slideware, you’re architecting enterprise data solutions for large organizations. Experience seeing the entire lifecycle from conception to design to technology evaluation to pilot program to implementation to maintenance and support is crucial. Distributed systems, programming, datacenter operations, and previous Kubernetes, Docker, and Mesos experience are all huge pluses. We're looking for customer-facing hands-on technologists with a track record of success.
- Working with customers, partners, and prospects to understand and propose solutions
- Manage technical sales process for numerous customers day to day
- Map customer requirements to current and future offerings
- Own the technical sales process from introductory meetings (net new sales) through post-sales (customer satisfaction, upselling, and subscription renewals)
- Educate prospects on the business value of D2iQ's offerings
- Drive progress towards successful sales, in concert with Account Executives
- Focus on customer satisfaction and success
- Continuously learn and update skills in quickly evolving technologies
- 5+ years technical experience plus 5+ years customer-facing experience
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Good EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- Unix/Linux expertise a must
- Comfortable working with, most importantly listening and having technical discussions with customers
- Experience with public speaking, and giving pitches
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with several of the following:
- Distributed systems: Kubernetes, Docker, VMware Virtualization, Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Zookeeper, Kafka, Cassandra, Microservice architectures
- Nice to have: Programming languages - C, C++, Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, Bash
- Datacenter operations: provisioning, capacity planning, network design, virtualization, storage concepts.
- Understanding of Cloud Platforms and concepts like: AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Currently residing in California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Arizona, or Nevada.
D2iQ’s Core Values
We are customer-driven
We are driven by the success of our customers and we deliver a top-notch partnership throughout their journeys. We believe if our customer wins, we win.
We are team always
We are dependable and effective in building positive relationships with our peers. We are relentlessly humble and demonstrate a high-level of respect in our interactions.
We are champions of change
We have a hunger to continuously learn and the courage to take intelligent risks. We’re pioneers, innovators, and change-makers to the core.
We are relentless
We raise the bar and execute flawlessly. We’re serious about ownership and effectively balance quality output with efficient speed.
D2iQ is the leading provider of enterprise-grade cloud platforms that enable organizations to embrace open source and cloud native innovations while delivering smarter Day 2 operations. With unmatched experience driving some of the world's largest cloud deployments, D2iQ empowers organizations to better navigate and accelerate cloud native journeys with enterprise-grade technologies, training, professional services and support. Whether you are deploying your first Kubernetes workload, optimizing your business analytics with Spark or Jupyter, or looking to educate your developers on the benefits of cloud native, D2iQ has the expertise, services and technology to enable you on the journey. D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in London, Hamburg, Germany and Beijing. D2iQ investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Khosla Ventures, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Microsoft, and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. Find us at https://d2iq.com/
D2iQ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.