D2iQ is on a mission to provide the best multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud services platform in the industry, built with Kubernetes. We’re looking for highly motivated engineering managers to join us.
The team you’ll manage is responsible for delivering a world-class, global-scale, multi-cloud infrastructure automation platform to some of the most innovative names in tech, cloud, healthcare and financial services.
At D2iQ you’ll help feature teams plan, execute, and ship software. You’ll work closely with our Product team to understand customer needs and balance delivery of features across multiple timelines. You’ll work with our DevProd, SRE, Documentation, and Program Management teams to ship high quality releases efficiently and on schedule.
- Empowers their team to ship high quality software on a regular basis.
- Inspires every individual to perform at the top of their capabilities.
- Coaches and mentors engineers and helps them grow.
- Conducts 1:1s, standups, sprint planning/retros and follows Agile practices.
- Fends off distractions and removes roadblocks for their engineers.
- Fosters good craftsmanship, quality, and reliability.
- Cross-pollinates ideas and plans between teams.
- Collaborate with engineering leaders to iterate and improve processes.
- Celebrates their team’s achievements inside and outside of the company.
- Has 5+ years of software development experience.
- Has 2+ years of managing a distributed engineering team.
- Is not afraid to get their hands dirty and jump in to code alongside the team.
- Uses data to inform their decisions but trusts their gut when necessary.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Cares about every member of their team and their success.
- Cares about the customer UX.
- Pays attention to every detail of the team's projects, but lets the team own their solutions.
- Optimizes anything that can help the team run more efficiently.
- Understands the power of asking questions instead of dictating.
- Has a growth mindset.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Kubernetes and the CNCF landscape.
- Has worked on enterprise platforms or distributed systems.
- Has managed global teams with SLAs.
- Has managed 10+ person teams and/or managed managers.
D2iQ’s Core Values
We are customer-driven
We are driven by the success of our customers and we deliver a top-notch partnership throughout their journeys. We believe if our customer wins, we win.
We are team always
We are dependable and effective in building positive relationships with our peers. We are relentlessly humble and demonstrate a high-level of respect in our interactions.
We are champions of change
We have a hunger to continuously learn and the courage to take intelligent risks. We’re pioneers, innovators, and change-makers to the core.
We are relentless
We raise the bar and execute flawlessly. We’re serious about ownership and effectively balance quality output with efficient speed.
D2iQ is the leading provider of enterprise-grade cloud platforms that enable organizations to embrace open source and cloud native innovations while delivering smarter Day 2 operations. With unmatched experience driving some of the world's largest cloud deployments, D2iQ empowers organizations to better navigate and accelerate cloud native journeys with enterprise-grade technologies, training, professional services and support. Whether you are deploying your first Kubernetes workload, optimizing your business analytics with Spark or Jupyter, or looking to educate your developers on the benefits of cloud native, D2iQ has the expertise, services and technology to enable you on the journey. D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in London, Hamburg, Germany and Beijing. D2iQ investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Khosla Ventures, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Microsoft, and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. Find us at https://d2iq.com/
D2iQ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.