The Kubernetes Migrations Engineer is a role within the Professional Services Team and will engage with D2iQ’s existing enterprise DC/OS customers.
As our next Kubernetes Migrations Engineer you will:
- Help customers design scalable and secure Kubernetes clusters
- Assist customers with deployment of production grade Kubernetes clusters leveraging the D2iQ Kubernetes Platform
- Execute against defined testing and validation plans developed jointly with the customer
- Identify and drive migration of workloads to deployed Kubernetes clusters leveraging existing tooling and develop tooling where necessary
- Provide deep Kubernetes expertise to customers in domains including application deployment strategies, workload scheduling, networking, storage and security
- Work closely with internal D2iQ teams in development and testing of migration tooling to drive deterministic migration of workloads
- BA/BS in a IT/Science/Engineering field (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years in a professional services/consulting/engineering role
- Professional Certifications such as CKA or CKAD
- Container runtimes (docker, containers)
- Container packaging/image formats (docker, appc)
- Container Orchestrators (Kubernetes, DC/OS)
- Systems administration experience with major Linux distributions
- Infrastructure fundamentals including compute, virtualization, network and storage concepts
- Familiarity with distributed systems and data services
- Public cloud administration (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Configuration management and/or scripting experience (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Bash, Python)
You will be successful in this role if you
- Have an ‘Always be learning’ attitude
- Have a technical background and are comfortable working directly with customers
- Have experience gathering, understanding and executing against customer requirements: both business and technical
- Have a strong customer success bias and strive to be a customer advocate
- Consistently deliver to project deadlines
D2iQ’s Core Values
We are customer-driven
We are driven by the success of our customers and we deliver a top-notch partnership throughout their journeys. We believe if our customer wins, we win.
We are team always
We are dependable and effective in building positive relationships with our peers. We are relentlessly humble and demonstrate a high-level of respect in our interactions.
We are champions of change
We have a hunger to continuously learn and the courage to take intelligent risks. We’re pioneers, innovators, and change-makers to the core.
We are relentless
We raise the bar and execute flawlessly. We’re serious about ownership and effectively balance quality output with efficient speed.
D2iQ simplifies and automates the really difficult tasks needed for enterprise Kubernetes in production at scale, reducing operational burden and TCO. With an open source and flexible approach to automation, the D2iQ Kubernetes Platform will deliver the results required regardless if you are deploying in the cloud, on-premise, in a highly secure air-gapped environment, or on the edge. As a cloud native pioneer, we have more than a decade of experience tackling the most complex, mission-critical deployments in the industry. D2iQ investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Khosla Ventures, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Microsoft, and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. For more information visit www.d2iq.com.
D2iQ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.