D2iQ (formerly Mesosphere) is looking for an experienced Director of Product Management to work on strategic initiatives and features in our DKP (D2iQ Kubernetes Platform) and Dispatch (CI/CD) products. Collaborating with customers, the open-source community, partners, engineering, marketing and other D2iQ internal functions, the Product Manager will work with the larger product team to continue the market success of our platform. Candidates must currently be located in the United States.
- Define, Drive & Execute the Product Roadmap based on company vision, strategic innovations, customer input & competitive landscape
- Be the voice of the customer and deliver complete solutions that satisfy key use-cases, not point features
- Lead groups of domain specific Technical Product Owners to deliver the whole product experience, including the software, tools, documentation, services, life cycle, partnerships, etc.
- Be the voice of the customer & drive product adoption through increasing production deployments
- Establish strong relationships as "Account Sponsors" with key customers in must-win situations
- Collaboratively define product packaging & pricing with Business team members
- Execute Technical Product Manager/Technical Marketing Engineer Responsibilities
Collaboration Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Deliver Customer and Field Enablement through technical collateral which includes 301 Deep dive Decks, Best Practices, Demos, Validated Solutions Guides and Competitive Marketing Collateral
- Lead beta programs and customer feedback
- Lead product evangelism
- Lead limited High-touch Customer POC-type engagements
- Partner with VP Product and Engineering leadership on product definition, product development, QE roadmap
- Deliver Early Stage Training Content & Labs
- Provide PM, PO and Leadership with data driven insights based primary market research, in-bound inquiries, and existing customer data
- Knowledge of the Kubernetes, CI/CD or distributed computing market and current trends is a must
- Strong understanding of Distributed Systems: Install, Upgrade, Backup / Restore, Compatibility Matrix, OS Support, Logging, Metrics, UI, CLI, Telemetry, etc.
- Strong understanding of the Cloud Service Provider and marketplace offering integration: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Technical understanding in one or more of: containerization, virtualization, CI/CD, data center infrastructure, networking, storage, security, operating systems
- Proven track record of shipping successful enterprise software products is a must
- Master of lean product development methods and have worked with Jira before
- Detail oriented and passionate about a great user experience combined with the ability to back proposed decisions by data
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable working with a globally distributed team in the United States, Europe, and Australia
- Ability to travel to customer sites in US and EU (~5-10 times a year) for product related meetings in the future
D2iQ’s Core Values
We are customer-driven
We are driven by the success of our customers and we deliver a top-notch partnership throughout their journeys. We believe if our customer wins, we win.
We are team always
We are dependable and effective in building positive relationships with our peers. We are relentlessly humble and demonstrate a high-level of respect in our interactions.
We are champions of change
We have a hunger to continuously learn and the courage to take intelligent risks. We’re pioneers, innovators, and change-makers to the core.
We are relentless
We raise the bar and execute flawlessly. We’re serious about ownership and effectively balance quality output with efficient speed.
D2iQ simplifies and automates the complex tasks needed for enterprise Kubernetes in production at scale, reducing operational burden and TCO. With an open source and flexible approach to automation, the D2iQ Kubernetes Platform will deliver the results required regardless if you are deploying in the cloud, on-premise, in a highly secure air-gapped environment, or on the edge. As a cloud native pioneer, we have more than a decade of experience tackling the most complex, mission-critical deployments in the industry. D2iQ investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Khosla Ventures, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Microsoft, and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. For more information visit www.d2iq.com.
D2iQ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.