This position will provide post & pre-sales support for D2iQ’s Global Services portfolio. The D2iQ Global Services team is looking for a talented consulting professional to join us as a Solutions Architect in the UK, covering the EMEA public sector and commercial markets. In this role, you will work with customers to build a relationship of trust and confidence between D2iQ and the customer engineering, development, and operations teams while understanding their business needs and aligning them with our solutions. You’ll work with the team to design and deliver customer value through our solutions. As a Solutions Architect, you will serve as a customer advocate to ensure success and value realization from our cloud-native solutions. You’ll need to have an excellent working knowledge of the latest technology architectures for the enterprise and cloud-native space, supporting best practices, and related tools and solutions. This is a very hands-on customer and partner-centric role.
- Identify customers’ value drivers and challenges through pre- & post-sales discovery activities, and collaboratively design the best solution to deliver on D2iQ’s value proposition.
- Deliver successful customer solutions workshops to shape customer use cases and architect design decisions
- Lead and deliver customer engagements either directly or via channel partners in the region, from inception to completion
- Serve as a trusted adviser for customers and partners, building long-lasting relationships, and maintaining insights into the customer initiatives and technical architecture.
- Demonstrate expertise and vision in practices by speaking at industry conferences
- Stepping in where required, in the region, to provide technical expertise in the Kubernetes space
- DV security clearance in the UK
- Experience in cloud computing (e.g.applications, infrastructure, storage, distributed systems, platforms, data) and cloud market and competitive dynamics
- 10+ years of experience as a solutions architect in cloud computing in customer-facing roles
- Solid knowledge of enterprise solutions within the different IT architecture layers
- Good understanding of cloud-native architectures and the ability to develop a customer’s journey to the cloud (customer journey map, cloud strategy, roadmap, adoption plan, etc.)
- Experience with the latest cloud technologies in the cloud-native landscape, such as Kubernetes, KubeFlow, Kafka, Spark, and proficiency with AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware, and others
- Knowledge of middleware and application development technologies like microservices, service-oriented architecture (SOA), API management, and business process management (BPM)
- Knowledge of the latest technology practices for implementing DevSecOps
- Record of developing relationships at technical, business, and executive levels throughout large enterprise IT organizations
- Ability to present and lead technical and business discussions at the senior level of customer organizations
- Multiple customer relationships within the EMEA region
- Experience leading, building, architecting, designing, and implementing highly-distributed global cloud-based systems
- Experience in network infrastructure, security, data, or application development
- Experience with structured Enterprise Architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premise-to-cloud migration deployments and roadmaps
- Knowledge of technology solutions and the ability to learn and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud-native technology space
- Understanding of large-scale computing solutions and the enterprise technology buying and evaluation process
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, build relationships, and achieve broader organizational goals
- Experience working in collaboration with sales teams
- Ability to deliver results and work cross-functionally. Ability to engage/influence audiences and identify expansion engagements
- Build relationships with partner delivery resources to identify areas that need development and align partner investments to align with D2iQ priorities
- Closely track industry trends in cloud computing to drive practice excellence. This may include identifying the gaps in D2iQ’s portfolio, assisting with professional services product development, and collaborating with product teams.
- Work with regional leadership to understand the partner ecosystem, mechanics, and incentives to build and maintain a sustainable business model with the partner and D2iQ
- Play an active role in new partner qualifications
D2iQ’s Core Values
We are customer-driven
We are driven by the success of our customers and we deliver a top-notch partnership throughout their journeys. We believe if our customer wins, we win.
We are team always
We are dependable and effective in building positive relationships with our peers. We are relentlessly humble and demonstrate a high-level of respect in our interactions.
We are champions of change
We have a hunger to continuously learn and the courage to take intelligent risks. We’re pioneers, innovators, and change-makers to the core.
We are relentless
We raise the bar and execute flawlessly. We’re serious about ownership and effectively balance quality output with efficient speed.
D2iQ simplifies and automates the really difficult tasks needed for enterprise Kubernetes in production at scale, reducing operational burden and TCO. With an open source and flexible approach to automation, the D2iQ Kubernetes Platform will deliver the results required regardless if you are deploying in the cloud, on-premise, in a highly secure air-gapped environment, or on the edge. As a cloud native pioneer, we have more than a decade of experience tackling the most complex, mission-critical deployments in the industry. D2iQ investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Khosla Ventures, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Microsoft, and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. For more information visit www.d2iq.com.
Enabling organizations to change the world through open source innovation.
We maximize our customer's business value by relentlessly delivering deep expertise and unrivaled technology that utilizes automation to solve the toughest of cloud native challenges including state, scale and resiliency.
D2iQ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.