D2iQ is currently seeking a Sales Engineer in the Southeast USA. In this position, you will be the technical representative for D2iQ's products and services in the Enterprise Field Sales organization. This is a hands-on technologist role. You are not just doing slideware, you’re architecting enterprise data solutions for large organizations. Experience seeing the entire lifecycle from conception to design to technology evaluation to pilot program to implementation to maintenance and support is crucial. Distributed systems, programming, datacenter operations, and previous Kubernetes and Mesos experience are all huge pluses. We're looking for customer-facing hands-on technologists with a track record of success.
- Working with customers, partners, and prospects to understand and propose solutions
- Manage technical sales process for numerous customers day to day
- Map customer requirements to current and future offerings
- Own the technical sales process from introductory meetings (net new sales) through post-sales (customer satisfaction, upselling, and subscription renewals)
- Educate prospects on the business value of D2iQ's offerings
- Drive progress towards successful sales, in concert with Account Executives
- Focus on customer satisfaction and success
- Continuously learn and update skills in quickly evolving technologies
- 5+ years technical experience plus 5+ years customer-facing experience
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Good EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- Unix/Linux expertise a must
- Comfortable working with, most importantly listening and having technical discussions with customers
- Experience with public speaking, and giving pitches
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with several of the following:
- Distributed systems: Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Zookeeper, Kafka, Cassandra, Microservice architectures
- Programming languages: C, C++, Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, Bash
- Datacenter operations: provisioning, capacity planning, network design
D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, and Beijing.