We are seeking a talented Deal Desk Manager who will be responsible for supporting the Field Teams in structuring deals, leveraging pricing strategy, quote creation, facilitating contract reviews/negotiations and managing the overall quote-to-cash processes. This position will work collaboratively with the Field and internal organizations such as Legal, Finance, Support and Sales Ops to ensure deals are structured and negotiated to comply with D2iQ’s policies and processes. The candidate will need to become an expert of the D2iQ solution and help to optimize our quote-to-cash processes.
- Manage the day-to-day quoting, pricing approvals, ensuring compliance with published policies.
- Engage with the Field Team to accelerate deal velocity and execute on deal closure
- Collaborate with impacted parties to identify acceptable options to facilitate deal closure
- Serve as the trusted adviser to the Field Team on deal matters, advise the team on alternative contract options, and/or value propositioning to help drive deal closures
- Assist to interpret contractual language and escalate to ensure deals comply with revenue recognition and operational policies.
- Maintain and enforce agreed upon departmental SLAs
- Develop and drive initiatives to improve productivity, deal desk improvements, company deal policies and simplifying deal desk processes
- Run EOQ cadence to effective manage resources and provide appropriate visibility
- Partner with Sales Operations on process/system improvements, sales enablement and special projects
- Deliver relevant training to new and existing sales people on deal desk and order process best practices
Qualifications & Skills
- BA/BS required
- 5+ years of proven success in Enterprise SaaS industry, Deal Desk, Finance, Sales Operations or Pricing experience preferred
- Experience in Direct and Channel Sales model is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of software revenue recognition issues, including revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Strong experience in contract/legal negotiations with enterprise customers and working with enterprise sales teams.
- Experience with pricing strategy and international business preferred
- Strong understanding of software revenue recognition and order process principles required
- Highly organized, customer-focused, innovative and strong attention to details
- Able to speak to senior audiences and command the respect of field teams
- Excellent communicator, self-aware, transparent, collegial, and open to feedback.
- Strong business acumen, strong reporting and analytics, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with GTM Teams and other cross functional departments
- Strong quantitative skills and highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Saleforce.com and CPQ
- Sense of humor
About D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, New York, and Beijing.