The Technical Writer position will create and publish technical content of multiple content types for a single product. In this role, you will create, curate, use, and deliver technical content. You'll produce accurate content that complies with standards and is audience appropriate, and contribute to complex aspects of a project. The work is generally independent and collaborative.
- 2+ years as a Technical Writer in an industry-related role.
- Bachelor's degree desired or relevant skills and experience.
- Currently located in Hamburg, Germany or willing to relocate from within the EU.
- Experience planning, designing, writing, managing, testing and delivering software documentation. Agile team experience a plus.
- Excellent skills in writing, editing, research, and planning.
- Demonstrates some understanding of what does and doesn’t make documentation clear and effective.
- Experience revising and restructuring existing content to improve accuracy and completeness.
- Experience reviewing the user interface (UI), and partnering with UX designers to suggest ways to make the UI intuitive, and provide content that can be embedded in the UI.
- Must be familiar with a docs-as-code workflow, a markup language such as Markdown, AsciiDoc, and/or reStructuredText.
- Experience with some or all of the following:
- Multiple operating systems, technical domains, programming concepts, and source control systems.
- Command line interfaces, such as Linux®️/UNIX®️.
- Web-based delivery of technical content. Mobile experience a plus.
- A rapidly scaling start-up or small company environment.
- Remote work; especially in collaboration with others across nationalities and time zones.
- Participate in peer reviews for one's own and other's work.
- Actively participate in all aspects of Agile development, including ceremonies, planning, and end of sprint demos.
- Demonstrate the flexibility to take on new products and assignments as business needs require.
- Demonstrate initiative in proposing changes to content, structure, and/or content types.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues, customers, and project teams.
D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, and Beijing.