D2iQ is on a mission to provide the best multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud services platform in the industry, built with Kubernetes. We’re looking for highly motivated engineers to join us.
This team is responsible for delivering a world-class global-scale, multi-cloud infrastructure automation platform to some of the most innovative names in tech, cloud, healthcare and financial services.
This position will give you the opportunity to collaborate with the brightest engineering minds in cloud infrastructure and distributed systems, as you design and develop reliable, resilient, and scalable services with Kubernetes.
As an ideal candidate, you would have empathy for your customer and your team, and welcome customer feedback. You would excel with minimal technical supervision, and design and implement solutions independently, while also supporting your team members. You would embrace time constraints, and work with team members to deliver high-quality products and features, with rapid iteration.
- Performing code reviews and give constructive, critical, and cordial feedback.
- Performing design reviews and provide insight to your team.
- Creating clear designs and write helpful documentation.
- Engaging the Kubernetes community on projects that are important to our product.
- Writing reliable Kubernetes control plane code, and the tests that allow it to safely evolve.
- Understand Kubernetes control plane architecture
- Understand container orchestration
- Can comfortably write and test software in Go
- Have developed and operated large-scale infrastructure services
- Have automated infrastructure in public clouds
- Are self-driven and motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem-solving
- Can debug, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues reported by customers
- Know Linux or other Unix-like operating systems
- Currently residing in the United States, UK or EU
The following is a plus
- Apply agile development principles in short work iterations.
- Implement Continuous Deployment practices in your work.
- Have implemented Kubernetes controllers.
- Have developed loosely-coupled distributed systems.
- Actively participate in the Kubernetes community, and/or contribute to the Kubernetes ecosystem.
- Understand cloud platforms architecture, especially networking, security, storage, and resilient application topologies.
D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, and Beijing.