We are looking for a software engineer focused on operations who is responsible for running our internal infrastructure services. Our preference is for DevOps engineers with a strong slant towards operations and tool building. All of us come with a strong operations or site reliability background and we heavily dogfood DC/OS in everything we do.
We don't mind getting into the weeds with hard to diagnose networking issues, and we troubleshoot such problems by leveraging our years of frontline experience firefighting within large scale web operations. Some of us have experience with Mesos before coming on board, and some of us don’t. However, having a strong understanding of distributed systems and systems engineering is key to our success. We take pride in creating software which people rely on and is a joy to use.
- Architect, build, and maintain systems that our engineering team and customers rely on
- Contribute to documentation for both our customers and other engineers
- Make DC/OS the easiest operating system to deploy, manage, and monitor at scale
- Responsible for third party services and production infrastructure in which DC/OS is operating on
- Partner with other engineers to design, build, and maintain critical systems
- Consistently work to make our software simpler
- Effectively estimate time to implement designs
- Challenge yourself and your peers to always improve
- Expert level knowledge in at least one high level programming language such as Python or Go
- Technical understanding of one or more of Terraform, Ansible, Chef.
- 3+ years experience with production infrastructure
- Designed and operated large scale infrastructure running on AWS, GCP, Azure or other cloud providers
- Able to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues reported by customers
- Background in system administration, operations or site reliability
- Understanding of network protocols and networking in general
- Deep knowledge of Linux fundamentals
- Currently residing in the United States
- Production experience with service oriented architectures and distributed systems like Mesos, Kafka, Cassandra, Hadoop, Zookeeper, etc.
- An extremely clear, concise, and effective communicator
- Worked with container systems like Docker or Rkt in production
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Self-driven and motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving
D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, and Beijing.