D2iQ is looking for an experienced Product Manager that can lead some of the strategic initiatives around Kubernetes and data services. You will collaborate with customers, the open-source community, partners, engineering, marketing and other functions to build a great product and make it successful in the market. If you’re passionate about product, can identify patterns from customer needs, and create well-defined requirements and user stories to help engineers deliver fantastic software solutions, come join us!
Our headquarters is in San Francisco, CA but we're open to remote candidates in the United States or Germany.
- Define strategy and drive execution of cloud operations capabilities for D2iQ's strategic Kubernetes initiatives and existing product.
- Own and prioritize the backlog; participate with engineering in sprint planning to represent customer requirements to ensure we build the right solution
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and validate product direction
- Define features, user stories, requirements and acceptance criteria
- Deploy, use and test your own product to accept and provide early feedback within the development lifecycle
- Work with all other functions to enable, market and advocate your product.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience working with two or more of the following open-source technologies: Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, HDFS, Elasticsearch, Tensorflow, Jupyter, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of the datacenter infrastructure market and current trends
- Strong understanding of Distributed Systems: Install, Upgrade, Backup / Restore, Compatibility Matrix, OS Support, Logging, Metrics, UI, CLI, Telemetry, etc...
- Strong understanding of the Cloud Service Provider and marketplace offering integration: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Technical understanding in one or more of: containerization, virtualization, networking, storage, security, operating systems
- Proven track record of shipping successful enterprise software products is a must
- Master of lean product development methods and worked with Jira before
- Data-driven decision maker
- Detail oriented and passionate about a great user experience combined with the ability to back proposed decisions by data
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Product Manager
- Preference for candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area but remote applications in the US will be considered
About D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, New York, and Beijing.