D2iQ’s CTO Office is a team of engineers, designers and data scientists that work on discovering next generation products for the company. Our main objectives are to research new fields, and experiment with ideas that might become valuable products for our customers in the future. We do this by prototyping fast and testing our prototypes with internal and external users. After a successful incubation phase in our team, projects graduate and are taken over by an engineering team.
We are looking for people that enjoy charting new territory and don’t mind changing course when priorities shift or an idea doesn’t work. The right person is self-motivated, scrappy, has a curious mind, and a desire to learn and try new things.
This position may be located out of our San Francisco headquarters, our Hamburg office, or remote in the US or Europe.
- Research existing approaches to a given problem
- Build software prototypes
- Test and validate prototypes with internal and external users
- Transfer knowledge from research and prototyping over to the engineering team
- At least 2 years professional experience (post graduation) as a software engineer
- BS or Master’s degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
- You are self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem-solving
- Excellent Linux knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Python, Go, or other systems programming languages
- Experience with managing infrastructure on public cloud platforms
- Experience building infrastructure software
The following are a plus
- BS or Master’s degree in Mathematics
- You know how to effectively use data services like SQL databases, Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- You have used cloud-native infrastructure software like DC/OS, Apache Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus
- You have experience building and operating data and machine learning infrastructure
- You have experience with modern data science and machine learning tools such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Pandas, Scikit, Jupyter
D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, New York, and Beijing.