D2iQ (formerly Mesosphere) is looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead strategic initiatives around the DC/OS Platform. Collaborating with customers, the open-source community, partners, Engineering, Marketing and other D2iQ internal functions, the Product Manager will guide the continued development and market success of the DC/OS product.
If you’re an experienced, passionate Product Manager and are an expert in open source data science/engineering and/or high performance computing, lets chat!
Our headquarters is in San Francisco, CA but we prefer remote candidates in the United States or Germany/Western Europe.
- Define, Drive & Execute the Product Roadmap based on company vision, strategic innovations, customer input & competitive landscape
- Deliver complete solutions that satisfy key use-cases, not point features
- Lead groups of domain specific Technical Product Owners to deliver the whole product experience, including the software, tools, documentation, services, life cycle, partnerships, etc.
- Be the voice of the customer & drive product adoption through increasing production deployments
- Establish strong relationships as "Account Sponsors" with key customers in must-win situations
- Collaboratively define product packaging & pricing with Business team members
- Execute Technical Product Manager/Technical Marketing Engineer Responsibilities
Collaboration Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Deliver Customer and Field Enablement through technical collateral which includes 301 Deep dive Decks, Best Practices, Demos, Validated Solutions Guides and Competitive Marketing Collateral
- Lead beta and early adoption customers
- Lead product evangelism
- Lead limited High-touch Customer POC-type engagements
- Partner with PM and Engineering on product definition, product development, QE roadmap
- Deliver Early Stage Training Content & Labs
- Provide PM, PO and Leadership with data driven insights based primary market research, in-bound inquiries, and existing customer data
- Contribute to SFDC and customer support ticket data analysis
- Co-own a single product development team backlog with a Product Owner
- Experience working with two or more of the following open-source technologies: Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, HDFS, Elasticsearch, Tensorflow, Jupyter, AirFlow, NiFi, MPI
- Knowledge of the data science/engineering and/or high-performance computing market and current trends
- Strong understanding of Distributed Systems: Install, Upgrade, Backup / Restore, Compatibility Matrix, OS Support, Logging, Metrics, UI, CLI, Telemetry, etc.
- Strong understanding of the Cloud Service Provider and marketplace offering integration: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Technical understanding in one or more of: containerization, virtualization, datacenter infrastructure, networking, storage, security, operating systems
- Proven track record of shipping successful enterprise software products is a must
- Master of lean product development methods and have worked with Jira before
- Detail oriented and passionate about a great user experience combined with the ability to back proposed decisions by data
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience as a Product Manager
- Comfortable working with a globally distributed team
- Ability to travel to customer sites in US and EU (~5-10 times a year) for product related meetings
D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, and Beijing.