The Managing Principal Architect (MPA) will be responsible for leading a team of Solutions Architects in EMEA for our Professional Services Organization. You will work closely with sales to develop opportunities and will be responsible for project delivery and P/L in the region. D2iQ teams engage with customers on-site and remotely across the region. We are seeking exceptional leaders with experience managing and building innovative teams, strong client consulting experience, and a broad/deep range of technical skills in the Cloud and Cloud Native Applications space.
Engagements Range From The Following
- Cloud Native and Distributed Applications Design and Architecture
- Application modernization, from monoliths to microservices
- Designing Kubernetes as a Service platforms
- Data & analytics solutions leveraging big data tech
- Product setup, configuration, troubleshooting
- Knowledge transfer and technical enablement
We work completely cross sector including; telecoms, finance, retail and manufacturing, which gives you access to a range of exciting transformative use cases. One week you could be working on the IoT solution for a new range of electric vehicles and another could be for a multi-use case analytics platform leveraging all of the big data tech available.
An ideal candidate will have experience leading and building highly motivated and passionate teams. The MPA will be responsible for hiring, developing, mentoring and managing a direct team of Solutions Architects in the region.
The MPA will work closely with sales to develop and design solutions for strategic opportunities at key accounts. You will be responsible for services scope to align with overall integrated services and product solutions. MPA will be responsible for developing a long term strategic plan to align and drive customer outcomes based on D2iQ solutions.
The MPA will be responsible for overall Project Success. The MPA will work closely with Project Management and Delivery Managers to ensure proper staffing, milestone delivery, deliverables creation and overall delivery quality.
As a franchise owner, the MPA will be responsible for driving all aspects of the EMEA Global Services business to ensure key metrics such as:
- achievement of bookings targets
- delivering target billable utilization
- Delivered revenue targets
You'll not only work with customers, but with a wide range of other teams including; product management, customer support & engineering. We all work together to drive customer and company success and your input is critical to both.
You want to speak at leading industry conferences? you got it. You want to develop a feature with the Product team? Absolutely. You want to become a subject matter expert and train the global team? Yes please. We're looking to hire people who go that extra mile and raise everyone else with them.
If you have all of the following, that would be amazing! but let's be realistic, this is the range of skills that can be required. Even if you don't have something, apply, we have comprehensive training and put our team through the DC/OS and Certified Kubernetes Administrator certification.
- Kubernetes (Deployment, administration etc.)
- Container technologies (Docker, Rocket etc.)
- Big data tech (Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop etc.)
- Messaging queues (e.g. Kafka, 0MQ, RabbitMQ)
- System administration (major Linux distributions)
- PAAS technologies (OpenShift, Cloud Foundry etc.)
- Public cloud administration (AWS, Azure, GCE)
- Configuration management [Ansible, Puppet, Salt]
- Programming/scripting languages/frameworks [Shell, Python, Go, Java, Spring Boot]
- Virtualization (VMWare, XEN, KVM)
- Network architecture (routing, load balancing, firewalls, VLANs)
- One or more of Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
You will be successful in this role if you
- Are a leader and can coach/mentor a team
- Are comfortable traveling to customer sites up to 50-65% of your time
- Are comfortable working remotely
- Can quickly learn new technologies (DC/OS, big data tech etc.)
- Have a consulting background and are comfortable working directly with customers
- Have experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Have good presentations skills in front of a senior technical audience
- Consistently deliver to project deadlines
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 10+ years in a professional services/consulting role
D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, New York, and Beijing.