*This position is eligible to be hired virtually within the US or locally in Atlanta, GA
At Cypress.io, we're on a mission to make software testing delightful and effective and thus dramatically improve the efficiency and quality of modern software development. Today, Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 30,000 organizations. Cypress has over 3,500 customers in more than 74 countries across 65 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal, and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, and Stripes.co.
Cypress is ambitiously changing the status quo of testing on the web with our next-generation, open source App and a Cloud service that enables an unprecedented developer experience. Our mission is focused squarely on making testing faster, easier, more approachable and enjoyable than ever before.
As a Senior Engineer on the Component Testing team, you'll help build best in class open source tools with over 4 million downloads a week and used by over 150K developers in 90+ countries. Specifically, you will be responsible for implementing innovative techniques for testing components written in popular frameworks like Vue, React, and Angular.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced front-end engineer who understands the complexities of current component testing tools, and wants to deliberately strive to improve the lives of fellow engineering teams. If you’d like to be in the driver's seat to lead and promote industry shaping new testing techniques, this role is for you.
- Look beyond symptoms to assess and comprehend the core problems developers are trying to solve
- Communicate and participate within the Cypress developer community and broader open source ecosystem
- Work with other Cypress App teams to create a unified end-user testing experience
- Architect, design, implement and document features/enhancements putting developer experience at the forefront
- Develop workflows to support the ecosystem of front-end development tools and expand our presence across the same
- Advocate the value and benefits of Component Testing as a practice to the greater web development community, through presentations, demos, talks etc.
- Strong empathy to improve the experience of testing and software quality
- Deep understanding of the web and the internals of web browsers
- Adept with how frontend build tools work such as: Babel, Webpack and Vite
- Highly opinionated, with a keen eye for intuitive API/UI design
- Passionate about architecting applications and code that is tested, scalable, and performant
- Ability to deliver functional solutions across multiple operating systems and browsers
- Experience managing continuous integration to build, test, and deploy large applications
- Value and understand the importance of open source and be comfortable committing to a largely open source codebase
- Comfort with dynamic startup environments where change is constant and there is a need to be largely self-guided on complex problems
- Being a self starter with the drive to take on a high degree of individual ownership
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 4 years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing plugins or tools for developers. Examples include: Webpack plugins, CI Automations, VSCode extensions, Devtools extensions, source mapping, Hot/Live Reload, Testing tools
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, and are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.