*This position is eligible to be hired virtually within the US or locally in Atlanta, GA
At Cypress.io, we're on a mission to make software testing delightful and effective and thus dramatically improve the efficiency and quality of modern software development. Today, Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 30,000 organizations. Cypress has over 3,500 customers in more than 74 countries across 65 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal, and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, and Stripes.co.
As the Growth Marketing Lead at Cypress, you’ll have the opportunity to build and manage growth programs that optimize conversion and expansion of prospective and existing Cypress customers. In this role, you’ll collaborate with members of the Product, Revenue Operations, Sales, and Success organizations to accelerate the adoption of the Cypress Cloud among our users. The projects you work on could vary tremendously—from building web personalization experiments, crafting new triggered email experiences, or creating ABM campaigns to engage prospects for Sales—as long as it helps us improve conversion and/or expansion, it’s on the table!
Cypress is positioning itself to massively expand the use cases around testing and automation which is going to revolutionize the way developers work at small and large organizations. Your role will be pivotal in driving the success of the Cypress strategy and growth of the business. Therefore, you will need to deeply understand our customer journey and identify growth opportunities to improve engagement, conversion, and retention.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for someone who really wants to have a large impact on the business.
- Implement and measure multi-channel growth campaigns to promote engagement, retention, and loyalty across email marketing, paid search, and display advertising.
- Lead strategy development, creative brainstorming, copywriting, implementation, execution, and on-going optimization for all campaigns and marketing channels.
- Partner with our Product Marketing and Product Management teams to develop relevant messaging for targeted lifecycle campaigns that are geared to address specific growth or retention opportunities.
- Collaborate and strategize with our Revenue Operations to optimize CRM marketing opportunities to support lead generation, nurture, and conversion.
- Build and manage productive partnerships with a wide range of business unit leaders, including Executive team members.
- Gather, analyze, and apply relevant customer data/insights to evolve our current customer lifecycle/retention strategy, to define effective and innovative strategic marketing approaches, and improve our sales pipeline and self-serve revenue.
- Assist in forecasting monthly and annual growth potential leveraging data from core website analysis.
- 5+ years of experience with lifecycle marketing, product-led growth, website optimization, CRO testing and personalization.
- An understanding of open-source (Cypress app) and SaaS subscription (Cypress Cloud) models will help you hit the ground running.
- Proven success building strategies at scale that drive revenue growth, require internal buy-in, and cross-functional collaboration/execution.
- Track record of successfully developing and implementing integrated marketing campaigns that have met or exceeded goals, including A/B testing, personalized site experiences, email marketing, and paid search campaigns.
- Expertise in CRO, identifying consumer behavior trends, marketing automation and CRM solutions (Google Analytics, 6Sense, Amplitude, Salesforce and HubSpot preferred, but all will be considered).
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to take ownership of initiatives. Knowledge of technologies such as ClickUp is a plus.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders, confidently providing insights and recommendations based on strong research and analysis.
- Ability to work autonomously to accomplish objectives and evaluate results.
You’d probably be a good fit for this role if you possess the following:
- Fantastic project management skills: Ensuring that the ball is moving forward on the various projects in your purview is critical, especially when working with a cross-functional team. You should feel comfortable bringing together the necessary internal resources to move experiments and initiatives forward.
- Deep knowledge of marketing technologies: You should have ample experience with and understanding of technologies such as Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Segment, Hubspot, and marketing automation tools.
- Strong data analysis abilities: Persuading others about ideas and initiatives at Cypress always starts with data. You should feel very adept at building and operationalizing models and determining what levers we must pull to achieve goals. SQL, R, and/or Python experience is a big plus.
- A love for dad jokes and getting-to-know-you questions: The Cypress GTM team is a small, tight-knit group of folks that, despite our distributed nature, love working together.. We’re a little corny—maybe even a bit quirky—but we think we’re a fun group to be around! If that sounds like your vibe, we’d love to meet.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, and are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.