*This position is eligible to be hired virtually within the US or locally in Atlanta, GA
At Cypress.io, we're on a mission to make software testing delightful and effective and thus dramatically improve the efficiency and quality of modern software development. Today, Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 30,000 organizations. Cypress has over 2,500 customers in more than 60 countries across 45 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal, and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, and Stripes.co.
Opportunity for Impact
The Vice President of Product Management will play a key leadership role within the company and help define the future of test automation on a global scale.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Engineering to construct the optimal design of the product organization to enable a transformative impact on the way developers and accompanying personas engage with test automation and corresponding ecosystems
- Recruit a world-class team of product leaders, managers and designers (recruit, mentor, coach & develop); set the team up to scale alongside engineering
- Set the product management team up to scale: partner cross-functionally as we enhance existing products and bring new products to market
- Cultivate skills and manage team performance, guiding individuals and the entire product organization in career progression, promotions, performance improvement, and hiring best practices; enable world class employee retention
- Partner with the founder to deeply internalize product strategy in order to construct a high performing organization and execute on the larger product vision
- Possess a deep understanding of our market, customer needs, competition, go to market and where we need to evolve the product and drive product strategy
- Own deliverables for all product teams, including product growth, and ensure we continue to ship scalable, high availability products that delight our users and customers
- Responsible for product growth function and aspects of the user journey to continually improve user retention, activation, and organic conversion.
- Responsible for leading and cross-company orchestration of pricing and packaging decisions.
- Create and evolve comprehensive product analytics to drive material and actionable insights for product management, engineering, product growth, DX, success, product marketing and leadership teams.
- Support and enhance a data-driven and continuous improvement culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability, security and user experience of our products.
- Deep cross functional collaboration to align product and business strategy, vision, with long-term company priorities
- Support go-to-market efforts: develop clear positioning, competitive analysis, customer personas, and support the creation of sales enablement content in partnership with product marketing, success, and revenue teams.
- Partner with sales, success, DX, community management to unify and take appropriate and timely action on user and customer feedback; enable and support a genuine and effective two way dialogue between the company and our community (users, customers, partners and the larger ecosystem).
- Enable and support, directly or indirectly, external discussions on product strategy and roadmap, including but not limited to our community, high value partners, industry analysts and investors.
- Mature the product management function: clear cross-department communications, roadmap visibility, change and commitment management
- Exceptionally adept at transforming the company’s vision into product, while creating a partnership role with the founder and engineering to define product strategy
- Demonstrated success as part of the leadership team in a developer centric, product led growth company; deep understanding of open source, DevOps and relevant ecosystems is critical
- Exceptionally results-focused; views the optimization of product management methodologies as tools used in service of results over standard playbooks and processes
- Ability to think and operate at a “strategic level,” but drive execution on a “tactical level” with the willingness to roll-up sleeves; capable of operating and executing on a plan for short, medium, and long term objectives
- Proven leader with the ability to recruit, design, build and lead outstanding teams, scale an organization, and properly structure team's; strong personal network comprised of people who want to rejoin this leader
- Demonstrable examples of exceptional employee retention and team configuration and management
- Demonstrable success at leading significant pricing changes and cross company implementation.
- Ability to make product decisions while balancing the needs of the user, customers, and the business
- Experienced working with distributed and co-located teams.
- An eloquent and savvy leader who can communicate and execute goals and objectives working with all stakeholders, including founders, customers, investors, and employees
- Intellectual inquisitiveness, truth seeker, and data centric with the ability to challenge and expand critical thinking of existing processes and patterns
- High bandwidth, thoughtful and deeply reflective intelligence, capable of understanding the “why” and translating appropriately by seeing “the forest for the trees”; strong ability to educate others and share knowledge across a variety of potential audience types.
- Strong, informed opinions, but loosely held in the presence of other equally informed colleagues or data to the contrary
- Emotionally intelligent and able to build strong trust with leaders and employees of diverse backgrounds and experiences at all levels
- Deeply responsible and accountable with strong attention to detail
- Collaborative, marked by transparency and mental dexterity
- An exceptional communicator in both written and verbal interactions; always being supportive in feedback, whether in accelerating things that are going well or giving tough feedback to realign expectations/goals
- Comfortable with ambiguity and frequent change, nimble and responsive in the short-term while driving progress on longer-term initiatives
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, and are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.