At Cypress, we’re on a mission to build an essential testing platform that makes automated testing delightful and effective. Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress.io to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 30,000 organizations. Cypress has over 1,800 customers in more than 58 countries across 45 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal, and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures and Stripes.co.
**This position is eligible to be hired virtually within the US or locally in Atlanta, GA
The Cypress App team is the primordial team at Cypress where our reimagination of testing began. The team owns Cypress’ open source app which is installed and used by developers millions of times each day for reliably testing their web applications. Though Cypress is widely adopted and has a thriving community, we are just getting started on our mission to enable development teams with intuitive, high quality and well documented experiences that make testing a breeze.
As a Community Support Engineer of the Cypress App team, you'll be responsible for engaging with the Cypress community on our open source project and work collaboratively to triage and solve issues. You’ll be the face of Cypress to the developer community and voice of the user in our product development efforts. We’re looking for candidates with a strong technical background who can quickly learn and help others use our product to deliver value.
Your responsibilities will span community engagement, release planning, product delivery, recruitment and team development.
- Become an expert in Cypress’s App and know the features it offers to users
- Understand how the CypressApp integrates with other products, such as the Cloud to deliver value
- Empathize, advocate for, and maintain positive relationships with the Cypress community when they need help
- Triage inbound requests from users via GitHub issues and discussions
- Work with our users, who are software developers, to troubleshoot their issues by researching and identifying solutions, working collaboratively with our internal teams when required
- Leverage documentation, team knowledge, and other information sources to help solve problems that users have
- Effectively communicate resolution plans, progress, and status of requests externally and internally
- Close stale, unreproducible, and off-topic bug reports in order to reduce noise from the open source project
- Escalate bugs, incidents, or security issues to the appropriate engineering team for review
- Take ownership of requests and work with other teams to drive timely resolution on advanced requests
- Evaluate trends based on customer interactions in order to craft processes and suggest tooling to more efficiently handle their needs
- Conduct initial PR reviews from outside contributors to ensure work is within scope, tests are written and passing, and manually verify fixes so that it is ready to move on for a more thorough code review
- Implement small bug fixes as necessary when the deliverable is clear
- Manage dependencies of the Cypress repo to ensure security vulnerabilities, bug fixes and features from the large body of dependencies are implemented in the current code base
- Contribute improvements to our documentation when necessary based on user feedback
- Identify ways to help make our current process of engaging with our community even better
- Gather and share customer feedback with our Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams
- Strong grasp of testing fundamentals and best practices
- Innate curiosity, and a desire to learn and teach
- Comfort with a quickly growing startup environment where change is constant
- An empathetic approach to all interactions
- A firm understanding of how web applications are built and work
- A solid understanding of git and GitHub
- Knowledge in troubleshooting Linux, Windows, and Mac OS systems
- Comfortable working in a terminal environment
- Ability to convey technical information at an audience-appropriate level
- Ability to work with partial information and good judgment on when to ask questions and when to run independently
- Passionate about providing a good experience for developers
- A keen eye for process optimization
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience providing technical support to developers is a plus
- Experience maintaining an open source project is a plus
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.