At Cypress, we’re on a mission to build an essential testing platform that makes automated testing delightful and effective. Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress.io to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 30,000 organizations. Cypress has over 1,800 customers in more than 58 countries across 45 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal, and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures and Stripes.co.
**This position is eligible to be hired virtually within the US or locally in Atlanta, GA
Product Marketing at Cypress
We aim to be experts on how software engineers, QA professionals, and DevOps engineers at various types of companies approach test automation and how Cypress’ modern testing platform can help them accomplish their goals. Keeping a finger on the pulse of the market and understanding the voice of the customer is key. Product Marketing works closely with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Developer Experience (DX) teams to develop our positioning and messaging, launch new products, translate new features into value, develop content, gather competitive intelligence, and ensure Cypress adheres to core messaging across the board.
This Role: Senior Product Marketing Manager for Cypress Test Runner
This role offers a lot of autonomy and provides the right person a career changing opportunity to establish, build, and grow as a part of the product marketing function at Cypress. You’ll play an integral role in the go-to-market strategy, marketing tactics, positioning, and overall messaging strategy for Cypress Test Runner and its feature areas. You’ll be the expert on the value our users and customers can gain from adopting specific features and functionality. You’ll translate that expertise into deliverables that educate, inform, and promote the benefits of Cypress Test Runner as a part of Cypress’ single system and engage regularly with the community.
You’ll work on our broad marketing efforts, such as brainstorming ways to increase awareness and adoption of Cypress’s automated testing platform, as well as support our sales and customer success motions towards conversion, adoption, and expansion.
- Developing and leading the execution of go-to-market strategies for new products and features and ensuring alignment among all customer-facing teams as well as internal stakeholders like PM and DX.
- Syndication of product strategy and produce led efforts through strong collaboration.
- Develop and execute launch plans for new products and features.
- Own positioning, messaging, and marketing tactics of specific feature and/or product areas:
- Create product positioning.
- Articulate clear value based messaging and benefits across target personas.
- Build and maintain competitive comparisons.
- Brainstorm marketing efforts to drive broad-scale awareness of specific features and benefits.
- Build and maintain sales enablement materials like one-pagers, battle cards, and more to ensure perfect understanding of feature and product functionality, benefits, and value propositions among sales & success.
- Gain cross-functional alignment and communicate the value of Cypress both internally and externally.
- Coordinate outbound engagements with analysts and press and own the content/communication strategy around these efforts.
Skills and Requirements:
- 4+ years’ experience in product marketing, working at a high-performing start-up in the B2B SaaS space that serves a technical, dev-focused audience.
- Knowledge and previous experience in the testing automation space is a plus.
- Experience creating sales enablement content/materials for sales and success teams selling to developers as well as technical leaders.
- Experience partnering with sales to support expansion within accounts and across customers via product education and sales enablement materials.
- Exceptional communication skills. Able to bring visibility to projects and progress toward a goal at both a team and company level.
- Proven experience meeting (and setting realistic expectations around) the needs of internal stakeholders as they relate to product marketing materials.
- Strong project management experience. Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines without being micromanaged.
- Strong writer with good voice and tone; able to write content that is informative and persuasive.
- Possesses an eye for good design, particularly as it pertains to marketing materials (e.g. website, branding, etc.).
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great addition, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.