At Cypress, we’re on a mission to build an essential testing platform that makes automated testing delightful and effective. Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress.io to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 30,000 organizations. Cypress has over 1,800 customers in more than 58 countries across 45 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal, and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures and Stripes.co.
**This position is eligible to be hired virtually within the US or locally in Atlanta
Cypress is ambitiously changing the status quo of testing on the web with our next-generation, open source Test Runner and a Dashboard Service that enables an unprecedented developer experience. Our mission is focused squarely on making testing faster, easier, more approachable and enjoyable than ever before.
Who You Are
You’re a hands-on, seasoned engineer with a passion for delivering scalable, secure, and reliable products and services. You thrive when faced with complex problems because you love a challenge and have an insatiable appetite for learning. You consider yourself opinionated, but open minded, curious and creative. You embrace DevOps culture and are a willing teacher. You enjoy working with a team of talented engineers, aim to contribute broadly, and are incessantly focused on delivering value to your customer.
We’re a group of highly skilled engineers with an emphatic focus on leveraging the principles of DevOps and Agile to deliver an exceptional developer experience to our customers. We value action, accountability, curiosity, and transparency. We take an automation first approach and strive to deliver massive value in all we do!
- Serve as a technical leader and subject matter expert for one or more SRE related disciplines such as CI/CD, observability, infrastructure-as-code, automation, service delivery, etc.
- Create, implement, and maintain tools, techniques, processes, and technologies which promote the delivery of secure, scalable, and reliable services
- Lead incident analysis, identify investment opportunities, promote organizational learning, and support a blameless culture
- Embrace and encourage the adoption of the DevOps culture and philosophies
- Engage with product management to create, define, and prioritize investments
- Support the introduction of service level objectives, indicators, and error budgets
- Enable peer teams through consultation, collaboration, tooling, and documentation
- Provide on-call service restoration and recovery support as necessary
- Several years of progressive responsibilities centered around building, automating, instrumenting, measuring, and/or troubleshooting software services
- Subject matter expertise in one or more SRE related disciplines such as CI/CD, observability, infrastructure-as-code, automation, service delivery, etc.
- Ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally in written and verbal forums with both technical and non-technical participants
- Adaptable to changes in environment consistent with a high-growth company
- Prior experience working in an SRE, DevOps(ish), or adjacent type role is preferred
- Proficiency in working in an Agile environment is a plus
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.