At Cypress, we’re on a mission to build an essential testing platform that makes automated testing delightful and effective. Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress.io to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 30,000 organizations. Cypress has over 1,800 customers in more than 58 countries across 45 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal, and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures and Stripes.co.
**This position is eligible to be hired virtually within the US or locally in Atlanta
Cypress.io is looking for a Financial Analyst, who loves technology and the fast-paced environment of a high-growth start up. This is a unique opportunity to join at a point in time where growth will be exponential, and to have a direct impact on the success and growth of the business from both a tactical and strategic perspective.
The Financial Analyst will initially be one of the key tactical members of the Finance Department, with the opportunity to contribute strategically in a material way as the role expands to meet the needs of the Company. Will primarily support Director of Finance, also working closely with People/HR to complete day-to-day tasks, document, analyze, and redesign processes, and implement technology to support the needs of both Finance and People/HR.
Who You Are:
- 2 -5 years experience in the Finance, Accounting, and/or IT systems and process space
- Big 4 experience desired, but not an absolute necessity
- Highly motivated and intellectually curious
- Unafraid to make mistakes in effort to make improvements
- Enthusiastic about the growth opportunity provided by the Company and role
- Collaborative; willing and able to wear multiple hats
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance or related discipline
System & Process Optimization:
- Work with Director of Finance to identify process improvement opportunities
- Analyze and implement systems, including data conversion
- Document existing and ideal future-state processes
Accounting & Reporting:
- Develop and maintain reports for vendor spend, cash position, etc.
- Work with Director of Finance to finalize transition from Xero to Quickbooks
- Work with outside accountants to enhance AR reporting
- Work with Director of Finance and other Finance colleagues to shorten close by 3-4 business days
- Partner with DevOps to ensure compliance with SOC-II, GDPR and other compliance initiatives
- Partner with Sales and DevOps to create library of compliance responses to assist with customer inquiries
- Partner with People/HR to identify and implement payroll & HRIS system
- Partner with Product and RevOps to reimplement/reimagine billing solution (Chargebee)
- Work with Director of Finance to develop and disseminate Company-wide policies surrounding T&E and vendor spend
- Partner with departmental leaders to develop meaningful reports to be delivered on a monthly or quarterly basis
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.