At Cypress, we’re on a mission to build an essential testing platform that makes automated testing delightful and effective. Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress.io to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 30,000 organizations. Cypress has over 1,800 customers in more than 58 countries across 45 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal, and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures and Stripes.co.
Cypress is ambitiously changing the status quo of testing on the web with our next-generation, open source Test Runner and a Dashboard Service that enables an unprecedented developer experience. Our mission is focused squarely on making testing faster, easier, more approachable and enjoyable than ever before.
As a Senior Engineer on the End-to-end Test Runner team, you'll help build best in class open source tools that immediately impact the daily workflow of thousands of organizations and tens of thousands of developers using Cypress around the world. Specifically, you will be responsible for designing and building intuitive APIs for developers to test their web applications.
You will thrive if you are curious, can contribute broadly and are incessantly focused on delivering value to users.
- Look beyond symptoms to assess and comprehend the core problems developers are trying to solve
- Collaborate with engineers, product owners, and designers to create intuitive and engaging tooling for developers
- Communicate and participate within the Cypress developer community and broader open source ecosystem
- Develop new features, enhance existing features, and implement bug fixes in the Cypress End-to-end Test Runner
- Write lots of unit and integration tests
- Peer review code from your team and from the larger open source community and give thoughtful, actionable feedback
- Gather research, analysis, data and input from a variety of sources to make decisions.
- Scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Continuously make improvements to internal processes, understanding when time should be invested in automation
- Strong grasp of testing fundamentals and best practices
- Deep understanding of the web and the internals of how web browsers work
- Experience managing continuous integration to build, test, and deploy large applications
- Ability to deliver functional solutions across multiple operating systems and browsers
- Adept with how frontend build tools work such as: Babel, Webpack, and Typescript
- Highly opinionated, with a keen eye for intuitive API design
- Passionate about architecting applications and code that is tested, scalable, and performant
- Value and understand the importance of open source and be comfortable committing to a largely open source codebase
- Comfort with dynamic startup environments where change is constant and there is a need to be largely self-guided on complex problems
- Experience developing plugins or tools for developers. Examples include: Webpack plugins, Rollup plugins, VSCode extensions, Devtools extensions, source mapping, Hot/Live Reload, Testing tools
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.