At Cypress, we’re on a mission to build an essential testing platform that makes automated testing delightful and effective. Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress.io to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 12,000 organizations. Cypress has over 1,200 customers in more than 50 countries across 45 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal,and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures and Stripes.co.
Cypress is ambitiously changing the status quo of testing on the web with our next-generation, open source test runner and a linked service that enables an unprecedented developer experience. Our mission is focused squarely on making testing faster, easier, more approachable, and enjoyable than ever before.
As a Senior Product Manager on one of our test runner teams, you'll help build best in class open source tools that immediately impact the daily workflow of thousands of organizations and tens of thousands of developers using Cypress around the world. Specifically, you will be directly responsible for driving the future of how teams develop modern web applications by molding ideas into compelling user-facing products.
As an early member of a product management team that is beginning a rapid expansion, with significant resources and a huge vision, you will have an enormous opportunity for rapid career advancement based on demonstrating early success.
- Continually research market, customer and user needs via user interviews, triaging issues raised in community and customer support systems, competitive analysis, hands-on experimentation with new technologies, tracking analyst reports, and speaking with industry experts
- Continually groom these inputs into problem statements that are ready for collaboration with design, engineering and other team members to begin to define and validate candidate features/solutions
- Develop business cases for prioritizing specific problems to solve and features/solutions to pursue
- Maintain a record of all inputs, problem and feature/solution prioritization, development and design in a system accessible to all internal stakeholders that also pushes relevant updates to interested users and customers
- Work full features, releases and product improvements from start to finish with engineering and design. Own the user feedback cycle and represent it in the team. Participate as product owner in scrum teams in all ceremonies and standups. Be a resource to all team members to clarify user needs and business priorities.
- Continuously socialize the state of the problem/feature pipeline to all stakeholders through updates in the system of record, presentations, and communications of significant changes through Slack, email, blog posts and other media
- Coordinate product/feature naming, positioning, pricing/packaging, documentation, enablement and go-to-market with DX, marketing, sales, success, finance and business operations to ensure successful launch and adoption of new capabilities
- Coordinate with founder, design, marketing, DX and peer product managers in other areas to ensure an integrated Cypress experience across the service, all testrunners, documentation, the public website and marketing activities.
- Contribute to the continuously maintained and evolving long term product strategy and vision.
- Product management experience in dev focused tools, ideally in a very fast growing company of similar profile/size
- Hands on technical background in modern development processes, likely as a web developer or full stack engineer within last five years, but possibly earlier if experience since is PM or PS for tools very deeply involved in modern dev experience
- Overall 10+ years experience across PM and engineering
- Understanding of CI principles and major CI tools/ services
- Familiarity with Pragmatic Marketing principles, though formal training not expected
- Experience participating in Scrum teams and Agile ceremonies
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of inputs across user and customer communities as well as internal stakeholders, and synthesize into addressable problems for an engineering team
- Quick and flexible learner
- Creative thinker that influences team to think more broadly
- Knowledge of overall evolving market landscape for DevOps tools
- Strong communication skills in all relevant contexts - internal and external
- Effective at assessing and giving feedback on technical solutions
- Experience positioning solutions and features in sales enablement and in support of product marketing
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field preferred but not required if work experience has provided a sufficient foundation for the duties of the role
- Positive, can-do attitude
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.