At Cypress, we’re on a mission to build an essential testing platform that makes automated testing delightful and effective. Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress.io to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 30,000 organizations. Cypress has over 1,800 customers in more than 58 countries across 45 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal, and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures and Stripes.co.
As a Senior Engineer on the Dashboard team, you'll help build Cloud services that immediately impact the daily workflow of thousands of organizations using Cypress around the world. You will be using creative thinking & innovation to drive the development of user facing web applications that enable developers like you to have confidence in the software they are building. You will be working closely with Design, Product and Growth teams and will have end to end engineering ownership -- Ideation, Development, Release, Operations and Enhancements.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can jump easily from a modern JS based UI to the back-end server code that powers it. Someone that can build a clean snappy interface that hides unnecessary complexity and is equally comfortable scaling microservices and databases to support usage growth.
- Look beyond symptoms to assess and comprehend the core problems developers are trying to solve
- Contribute to the whole product process from product concept and research to implementation and deployment
- Create technical design artifacts to help define, scope and prioritize high impact product solutions
- Balance short-term execution with longer-term concerns such as extensibility and reuse
- Build highly performant web applications using Node.js, React, and TypeScript
- Deliver both front-end and back-end solutions across multiple features, working quickly and iteratively to add value to the product suite.
- Scale systems to handle ever-increasing load and a fast-growing ecosystem
- Practice test driven development and embody development best practices
- Peer review others code and give actionable feedback
- Demonstrate flexibility, engagement and efficiency working as part of distributed development teams
- Full-stack engineering skills, comfortable shifting from front-end to back-end
- Passionate about architecting applications and code that is tested, scalable, and performant
- Strong expertise in developing React applications
- High proficiency working with Node.js and Typescript
- Keen eye for intuitive API design
- Experience with SQL databases like Postgres
- Operational experience with web-scale infrastructure on Public cloud platforms like AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, Heroku etc.
- Strong grasp of testing fundamentals and continuous delivery practices
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, security and scripting
- Comfort with dynamic startup environments where change is constant and there is a need to be largely self-guided on complex problems
- Being a self starter with the ability to take on a high degree of individual ownership
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard when working on production systems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 4 years of software engineering experience
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.