At Cypress, we’re on a mission to build an essential testing platform that makes automated testing delightful and effective. Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress.io to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 12,000 organizations. Cypress has over 1,200 customers in more than 50 countries across 45 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal,and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures and Stripes.co.
** This role is eligible to be hired in our HQ in Atlanta or virtually anywhere in the US.
The Senior Talent Acquisition Partner role is critical and integral to the success of Cypress. As one of the first members of the People & Talent team and the first talent acquisition partner, you will be empowered with the mission to grow the company from 50 to 250 employees in two years and create a foundation for the talent acquisition function. At Cypress we greatly value hiring and people, and take extreme pride in working together as a company to bring on excellent talent. This is a true business partner role; you will be the right hand of every hiring manager to help them identify and attract the most unique and skilled talent. You will problem solve with them, be their sounding board, and integrate yourself into the teams you will work with.
As the first full-time talent acquisition partner at Cypress, your role will be multi-faceted:
- You will partner with the Director of People to create and iterate on a talent process that is streamlined across the org but also fits each team's needs.
- You will focus on hiring talent from entry to Director level with a focus on software engineering and product talent.
- You will help train team members and managers alike to hire excellently using behavioral interviewing techniques, hyper-focused values/ethos, and a reflective and forward looking profile analysis.
- You will help define, grow, and create the Cypress employer branding. Understanding how we can position ourselves uniquely in the market, authentically.
- You will help identify communities that Cypress can naturally have a voice in to generate talent, especially communities that foster diverse talent.
- Curiosity; you seek to know and understand everything about your hiring team’s needs and their day to day.
- Collaboration; you naturally embed yourself into the teams you work with.
- Innovation; you don’t accept the status quo and seek to find new ways to solve challenges by diagnosing issues and gathering information.
- Communication; sophisticated talent acquisition communication style - you are adept at creating a compelling story to engage candidates and forming authentic relationships with them. Understanding that the candidate is also your client and requires a high degree of communication and engagement throughout the process.
- Project Management & Organization; must have structured and organized workflow, and ability to project manage.
- Experience leading or heavily participating in projects within employer branding, ATS implementation, hiring process design, interview training is required.
- Experience working in-house at a technology/product-led organization, hiring software engineering talent in addition to other roles within the organization or someone from a boutique agency background who’s worked closely with hiring managers like an in-house recruiter.
- Demonstrated experience hiring top talent (this doesn’t necessarily mean large well-known tech companies, any company that hires exceptional talent).
- Experience partnering with managers and executives as clients directly.
- Current or former experience with People Operations, Business Partnering or general Human Resources is not required but will only enhance your profile.
- Experience with Greenhouse is a plus
Career growth & opportunity
This position will evolve and grow quickly over time, so as you consider this opportunity ask yourself if some or all of the below is of interest to you in the next few years:
- Leading the talent acquisition function, managing the vision and strategy to make Cypress a top employer.
- Managing a team of talent acquisition partners, nurturing and growing their careers.
- Transitioning to the People side and working on people operations, or HR business partnering.
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.