At Cypress, we’re on a mission to build an essential testing platform that makes automated testing delightful and effective. Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress.io to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 12,000 organizations. Cypress has over 1,200 customers in more than 50 countries across 45 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal,and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures and Stripes.co.
The Vice President, Marketing will be a key member of the management team, responsible for positioning, messaging, marketing growth, product marketing, community marketing and corporate marketing. This role reports to the company’s Chief Executive Officer and is a member of Cypress’ management team, the VP Marketing will:
- Build (recruit, mentor, coach & develop) a world-class marketing team; set the team up to scale as we expand based on product, go to market, community, and geographic initiatives; enable high caliber, inclusive hiring best practices and world class employee retention in partnership with the People team
- Oversee the leadership for all marketing deliverables, leading all aspects of Cypress marketing initiatives designed to achieve target metrics, Objectives and Key Results (OKR’s) and marketing ROI.
- Responsible for creating and unifying company messaging, positioning and voice, in deep collaboration with product management and developer experience teams
- Evolve messaging and positioning from product to solution orientation bridging open source and commercial products, and additional personas and as we expand functionality and enter new markets
- Partner cross-functionally to define marketing strategy to align with the company strategy and vision; create and maintain a 12-to-18-month marketing plan; evolve marketing strategy to enable company growth
- Responsible for marketing growth function and in partnership with product management, customer success and sales, enhancing all aspects of the user journey to continually improve user retention, activation, and organic conversion.
- Provide marketing leadership and collaborate cross-functionally on go-to-market: creating clear positioning, competitive analysis, customer personas, case studies and sales enablement content
- Responsible for expanding and empowering our robust community of users and customers on a global basis through user groups, virtual and in person events, as well as other initiatives to support and grow our community
- Responsible for content development and position Cypress.io as the market leader for “shift left” test automation through thought leadership, white papers, infographics, blog posts, social media, webinars, etc..
- Create and evolve comprehensive marketing analytics to drive material and actionable insights for initiative prioritization and investment decisions
- Enable and leverage ecosystem relationships (OSS, product integrations, developer experience, and go to market) to maximize the value to the company
- Exceptionally adept at translating the company’s vision and into a comprehensive marketing strategy
- Demonstrated success as part of the leadership team in a developer centric, product led growth company; deep understanding of open source, DevOps and relevant ecosystems is preferred
- Exceptionally results-focused; ability to think and operate at a “strategic level,” but drive execution on a “tactical level” with the willingness to roll-up sleeves
- Proven leader with the ability to recruit, design, build, lead and retain outstanding teams, scale an organization, and properly structure team's; strong personal network comprised of people who want to rejoin this leader
- Demonstrable success at leading marketing growth and effective collaboration with revenue teams, including customer success, sales, and revenue operations
- Exceptionally adept at leveraging data and messaging to drive superior results in improving activation, conversion, and expansion
- Demonstrable success in directly supporting the optimization of conversion and expansion in an organic, bottoms up sales models and evolving it to leverage direct sales engagement starting with customer expansion and progressing to include tops down selling
- An eloquent and savvy leader who can communicate and execute goals and objectives working with all stakeholders, including employees, users, customers, investors, ecosystem partners, and analysts.
- Exceptional taste on visual and written materials; intuitively knows what “exceptional” looks like and strives to achieve this standard within the bounds of time and expense
- Experienced working with distributed and co-located teams.
- Player/coach, builder mentality- roll up the sleeve’s executor; strong bias for action balanced with high degree of precision
- Intellectual inquisitiveness, truth seeker, and data centric with the ability to challenge and expand critical thinking of existing processes and patterns
- High bandwidth, thoughtful and deeply reflective intelligence, capable of understanding the “why” and translating appropriately by seeing “the forest for the trees”; strong ability to educate others and share knowledge across a variety of potential audience types.
- Operational and performance driven mindset; deeply responsible and accountable
- Humble, collaborative, and transparent leader who can motivate the team and work cross functionally
- An exceptional communicator in both written and verbal interactions
- Strong, informed opinions, but loosely held in the presence of other equally informed colleagues or data to the contrary
- Emotionally intelligent and able to build strong trust with and employees of diverse backgrounds and experiences at all levels
- Comfortable with ambiguity and frequent change, nimble and responsive in the short-term while driving progress on longer-term initiatives
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, character and taste
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.