At Cypress, we’re on a mission to build an essential testing platform that makes automated testing delightful and effective. Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress.io to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 12,000 organizations. Cypress has over 1,200 customers in more than 50 countries across 45 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal,and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures and Stripes.co.
Cypress is ambitiously changing the status quo of testing on the web with our next-generation, open source Test Runner and a Dashboard Service that enables an unprecedented developer experience. Our mission is focused squarely on making testing faster, easier, more approachable and enjoyable than ever before.
As a Senior Engineer on the Component Test Runner team, you'll help build best in class open source tools that immediately impact the daily workflow of thousands of organizations and tens of thousands of developers using Cypress around the world. Specifically, you will be directly responsible for driving the future of how teams develop components for their frontend applications by moulding ideas into compelling user facing products.
- Look beyond symptoms to assess and comprehend the core problems developers are trying to solve
- Collaborate with engineers, product owners, and designers to create intuitive and engaging tooling for web developers.
- Communicate and participate within the Cypress developer community and broader open source ecosystem
- Scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Develop new features, enhance existing features, and implement bug fixes in the Cypress Component Test Runner
- Write lots of unit and integration tests
- Peer review others code and give actionable feedback
- Conduct demos and/or presentations to developers about our product and its use
- Expertise in developing React applications. NextJS experience is a plus.
- Experience developing Component Libraries or Design Systems. Experience maintaining Storybook or other Component-driven development tools is a plus.
- Deep understanding of frontend build tools such as: Babel, Webpack, and Typescript
- Experience developing plugins or tools for developers. Examples include: Webpack plugins, Rollup plugins, VSCode extensions, Chrome Devtools extensions, source mapping, Hot/Live Reload
- Strong grasp of testing fundamentals and best practices
- Engaged in the React open source developer community is preferred. Experience with public speaking is a plus.
- Highly opinionated, with a keen eye for intuitive API design
- Passionate about architecting applications and code that is tested, scalable, and performant
- Value and understand the importance of open source and be comfortable committing to a largely open source codebase
- Comfort with dynamic startup environments where change is constant and there is a need to be largely self-guided on complex problems
- Being a self starter with the ability to take on a high degree of individual ownership
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.