Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by >$3 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.4 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside >$10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem includes Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
Cygnal is seeking a Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist to help us advance the novel science of Exoneural Biology in Oncology/Immuno-Oncology and to develop therapeutic hypotheses via model development, target ID and validation and drug discovery. The candidate must be highly motivated, creative, and goal oriented, and able to efficiently complete multiple projects in parallel. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of projects, including novel assay development and in vitro proof-of concept, and aligning the scientific plan with corporate objectives. We are searching for individuals with a proven track record in development of innovative assays and methodologies. The candidate should be enthusiastic, innovative, and comfortable in working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Design experimental plans for drug discovery, pathway validation and target identification in collaboration with the scientific team
- Execute experiments, interpret and analyze data, and communicate data to scientific team and executive
- Lead and collaborate with other scientists and research associates to achieve company objectives
Skills & Abilities
- Experience in assay development for drug discovery in both Oncology and Immuno-Oncology
- Experience in target identification and validation, using both genetic tools and compounds for target manipulation.
- Research experience in Oncology/Immuno-Oncology.
- Creative, independent, self-motivated and curious.
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities and needs – comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
Education & Experience
- MSc or PhD in the biological sciences, bioengineering, or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant laboratory experience, in academic, pharmaceutical or biotechnology settings.
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting.