Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by >$3 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.4 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside >$10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem includes Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
Cygnal is seeking a Senior Research Associate to help us advance the novel science of Exoneural Biology in the Vivo Pharmacology group. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing in vivo studies with strong hands-on in vivo oncology/immune-oncology pharmacology skills. The In Vivo team member should be highly motivated, creative, goal oriented, and able to efficiently complete multiple projects in parallel. The position will report to the Scientist/Co-Lead, In Vivo Pharmacology.
- Strong rodent animal handling skills and hands-on in vivo pharmacology skills, including dosing (IV, SC, IP, and PO), cell line work, preparation of test compounds, dosing, anesthesia, necropsy, blood and tissue collection for PK and PD biomarker analysis. Expertise with murine intravenous injections preferred.
- Highly skilled in small animal surgery, such as orthotopic implantation of tumor cells into various organs of mice.
- Necropsy experience: DRG dissection, sympathetic chain ganglia dissection, enteric nervous system dissection, systemic & local administration of AAV
- May assist in IACUC document preparation and renewals
- Ability to dose multiple routes, e.g. IV, SC, IP, PO
- Familiarity with measuring tumors in mice
- Familiarity with immune-oncology mouse models is highly desirable
- Experience in mouse tissue dissection
- Adaptive, quick learner, and efficient in multi-tasking and trouble-shooting,
- Strong organizational, record keeping, and data documentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to excel in the teamwork environment
- The ability and strong desire to "do what it takes to make things happen” attitude
- Strong presence with a sense of urgency and priorities, as well as, flexibility in work schedule to accomadate weekend work
- Proven ability working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and contributing to shared goals
- Exhibits good evidence to take instruction and complete tasks independently and meet deadlines
Education and Experience
- BS or MS in pharmacology, animal science, immunology, neurobiology, or related discipline
- Preferentially, at least three years of relevant industry experience that will provide in vivo support across multiple oncology immune-oncology and inflammation models.
RECRUITING & STAFFING AGENCIES
Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.