Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by >$3 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.4 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside >$10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem includes Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
Cygnal is seeking a Sr. Research Associate/Research Associate to join our Immunology team, working closely with our scientists to develop and perform assays and identify targets and therapeutics. The candidate must be independent and goal oriented, and willing to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
The Sr. Research Associate/Research Associate responsibilities include:
- Independently design, execute and interpret laboratory research in immunology that drives project goals. Communicate these results regularly at team meetings.
- Work in a scientific team environment to determine and prioritize experiments that enable project decision-making and progression.
- Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature, as well as investigate, create, and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Efficiently work across teams, departments and disciplines.
- MS/BS and a minimum of 3-5 years related laboratory experience, working in a cell biology laboratory in biotech/pharma or academic environment.
- Demonstrated expertise with one or more of the following assays: primary immune cell-based assays, multi-panel immunophenotyping, cell isolation from primary tissues, immunological ex vivo bioassays.
- Strong conceptual knowledge in cellular and molecular immunology.
- Understanding of in vivo disease models for testing candidate therapeutics aimed at modulating the immune system would be advantageous.
- Efficient time management, excellent organizational and communication skills, problem solving skills and a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment.