Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by >$3 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.4 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside >$10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem includes Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
Senior Research Associate: In vivo team member with strong hands-on in vivo oncology/immune-oncology pharmacology skills.
- BS or MS in pharmacology, animal science, immunology, neurobiology, or related discipline, preferentially with at least three years of relevant industry experience that will provide in vivo support across multiple oncology immune-oncology and inflammation models.
- Strong rodent animal handling skills and hands-on in vivo pharmacology skills, including dosing (IV, SC, IP, and PO), cell line work, preparation of test compounds, dosing, anesthesia, necropsy, blood and tissue collection for PK and PD biomarker analysis. Expertise with murine intravenous injections preferred.
- Familiarity with immune-oncology models is highly desirable.
- Highly skilled in small animal surgery, such as orthotopic implantation of tumor cells into various organs of mice.
- Necropsy experience: DRG dissection, sympathetic chain ganglia dissection, enteric nervous system dissection, systemic & local administration of AAV
- May assist in IACUC document preparation and renewals.
- Adaptive, quick learner, efficient in multi-tasking and trouble-shooting, highly organized with good record keeping
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to excel in the teamwork The ability and strong desire to " do what it takes to make things happen,” attitude. Demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Strong presence with a sense of urgency, and priorities as well as flexibility in working schedule to accommodate weekend work.