Cygnal Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a novel category of therapeutics, built upon the concept that the peripheral nervous system and relevant neuronal pathways play an integral role in multiple disease processes. Cygnal is developing drugs to manipulate Exoneural Biology for the treatment of cancer, immunological diseases, and regenerative processes.
Cygnal Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture. The company aims to expand significantly in 2019.
Cygnal Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and experienced neurogastroenterologist to lead our team and discover novel therapies for GI diseases. The successful candidate will report to the SVP Small Molecules Drug Discovery and be self-starter who thrives in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Define our approach to apply Cygnal’s exoneural medicine platform to study the role of ENS in GI diseases.
- Lead and mentor a team of direct reports and work closely and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team of biologists, medicinal chemists, bioinformaticians, pharmacologists.
- Oversee all aspects of ENS-based assays development, establishment of patient-derived models, screening with genetic and chemical libraries to drive target ID and target validation.
- Identify strategic external academic, industry partners and CROs to advance Cygnal’s mission.
- Prioritize activities and resources at external partners to ensure timeline adherence and project alignment with company goals.
- Proactively identify sources of inefficiency and propose novel technologies and collaborations.
- Ph.D. or MD in a relevant scientific field
- 10+ years post-graduate preclinical and/or clinical research experience studying GI diseases and ENS biolog
- Proven ability to manage timelines and resources to drive projects toward key decision point
- Track record of excellence supported by high impact, peer-reviewed publications and patents in the field of GI motility, ENS biology, gut inflammation and other GI diseases
- Keen attention to detail, a strong sense of urgency and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and team-focused environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information and strategy in a clear and thorough manner
- Drug discovery or clinical translation experience in the field of GI diseases is highly desirable
RECRUITING & STAFFING AGENCIES: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.