Who We Are
Our mission at Cybrary is to support the growth of a cybersecurity-enabled workforce. We believe the key to closing the cybersecurity skills gap is to arm cyber professionals with the skills they need to continuously develop in their field. Our enterprise-grade platform and rapidly expanding catalog support multiple types of learning, and allow for a personalized training experience for each user on the platform. With nearly 3 million users, Cybrary is well-positioned to close the employment and development gap in cybersecurity fields - and we're just getting started.
At Cybrary we value teamwork, collaboration, and trust. We look for people who operate with a growth mindset, who love to learn, and approach each challenge with an open mind. We welcome diverse perspectives, and those who embody the passion needed to disrupt the online and cybersecurity training industry. Our culture is shaped by fearless communication, nitro cold brew energy, collaborative community, and an up-for-anything attitude.
Headquartered in College Park, MD, Cybrary has been recognized as one of Washington D.C.’s Best Places to Work by Forbes and the Washington Post, and made Deloitte’s Technology #Fast500 as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America.
What You Will Do
As our People Partner, you will work closely with all levels of management across the company, providing guidance and support as a People expert. This position holds a wide range in the People discipline, from employee relations, to talent, to total reward. In addition to some of the functional areas below, you will report to and work in tandem with the VP of People on special People projects, which will serve to transform current People programs and implement new People programs.
This position is dynamic and fluid; we’re sure you will touch most areas of the People function but expect you will spend the majority of your time helping us build and support our fantastic team by:
- Providing day-to-day performance management guidance to people managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Managing and resolving complex employee relations issues; conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Developing contract terms for new hires, promotions and contractors.
- Assisting with the development of People policies and best practices and providing guidance and interpretation to the team.
Employee Experience and Engagement
- Managing, developing, and continually improving upon programs that positively support the employee experience and journey; leveraging our employee engagement platform, Lattice, to gather and synthesize relevant data for decision-making purposes.
- Working closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention; engaging with our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to solicit feedback from team members at every level, ensuring a diversified engagement offering.
- Running our internal communications program, in collaboration with marketing and leadership.
- Collaborating with other members of the People team to plan and organize employee engagement programs and events.
- Partnering with management on hiring needs, delegating and overseeing talent acquisition partners, and ensuring positions are filled on time.
- Collaboratively developing and managing our employer brand.
- Identifying training needs for business units and individual coaching needs.
- Assisting with the development, implementation, and iteration of our talent development program.
- Continuously enhancing our benefits programs, including everything from financial benefits to wellness and workplace benefits for our team.
- Managing and iterating upon our compensation management program.
- Leading sourcing and negotiations with current and new benefits services providers.
Who You Are
You are a strategic-thinker and an executor; you can create People programs strategically aligned to business objectives and jump straight into the single-lined task items to get projects started. You have a People Generalist background and feel comfortable working autonomously in most People disciplines. As a People Partner, you thrive when you’re able to play to your strengths, coaching managers and individuals alike to help them be their very best at work. Most importantly, you care deeply for people, for their sense of professional satisfaction and success, and for the team.
To be successful as our People Partner, you must possess:
- At least six (6) years of experience in the People function.
- At least two (2) years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- At least two (2) years serving as a People Partner or People Manager.
- Working knowledge of multiple People disciplines, including compensation practices, employee relations, talent acquisition, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Experience in running internal communication programs preferred.
- Proficiency in HR Systems, to include HRIS, ATS and other People tech platforms (e.g., Greenhouse, Lattice, Rippling, PayScale, etc).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google Docs Suite required.
- Experience working in a high-growth technology setting is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- SHRM/HRCI certification preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing; proficiency in managing conflict and maintaining composure while under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and consistency in managing execution.
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and building relationships.
What We Bring to the Table
Eligible employees qualify for the following benefits:
- Stock options, as part of your overall compensation package
- 100% coverage of medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums for employees
- 50% premium coverage for dependents
- Available HSA and FSA programs
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company-paid short-term disability coverage
- Flexible leave, with dedicated parent and bereavement leave policies
- 401(k) plan
- Company-paid student loan repayment
- Referral bonus plan
Cybrary is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law.