Who We Are
Our mission at Cybrary is to support the growth of a cybersecurity-enabled workforce. We believe the key to closing the cybersecurity skills gap is to arm cyber professionals with the skills they need to continuously develop in their field. Our enterprise-grade platform and rapidly expanding catalog support multiple types of learning, and allow for a personalized training experience for each user on the platform. With nearly 3 million users, Cybrary is well-positioned to close the employment and development gap in cybersecurity fields - and we're just getting started.
At Cybrary we value teamwork, collaboration, and trust. We look for people who operate with a growth mindset, who love to learn, and approach each challenge with an open mind. We welcome diverse perspectives, and those who embody the passion needed to disrupt the online and cybersecurity training industry. Our culture is shaped by fearless communication, nitro cold brew energy, collaborative community, and an up-for-anything attitude.
Headquartered in College Park, MD, Cybrary has been recognized as one of Washington D.C.’s Best Places to Work by Forbes and the Washington Post, and made Deloitte’s Technology #Fast500 as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America.
Cybrary is looking for a highly motivated, open-minded, and pragmatic IT professional to join our Technology team. Reporting directly to the CISO, you will be responsible for maintaining and securing our networks, endpoints, SaaS/PaaS, and other technologies Cybrary uses to support our team and mission. You will work closely with technical and non-technical teams to ensure we are effectively managing our security and risk posture across the organization and adhering to company policies and industry best practices. You will play an integral part in the technology selection and fulfillment process by helping to define requirements, identify solutions, providing feedback, and overseeing implementation. We're looking for an IT and security specialist who believes no job is too small and understands the importance of finding a way to "yes" when it comes to security.
Join us and our community of IT and cybersecurity experts developing the skills of professionals just like you!
What you will do
- Oversee our IT systems, including networking resources, laptops, and other mobile devices, and manage our overall security and risk posture, including physical security
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement new security tools, techniques, and technologies
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments at the network, system, and application levels
- Develop and implement security controls, formulate operational risk mitigation, and assist the security awareness program
- Administer SaaS/PaaS business technologies such as G Suite, Slack, Rippling (HRIS/IdP), and Mosyle (MDM)
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding Cybrary's security practices, policies, and procedures
- Participate in the full lifecycle of technology purchasing decisions
- Work closely with HR to ensure the smooth onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Maintain an inventory of devices
- Manage automated, rule-based access control systems
- Provision and deprovision system access
- Provide and oversee help desk support, including tier-1 support (a shared responsibility)
Skills you bring
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field of study or an additional two years of work experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree
- Experience working in and securing a complex environment of highly integrated SaaS/PaaS solutions
- Experience supporting and securing IT systems and providing helpdesk support
- Proficient at troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- In-depth knowledge/expertise with MacOS, Windows 10, Google GSuite, Slack, Ubiquiti/Unifi, Apple DEP/MDM solutions, SSO/IdP technologies, and antimalware tools
- Ability to balance competing priorities and stay composed under pressure
- Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and time-management skills
- Highly developed customer-service mentality
- Enjoy working independently and as part of a team
What We Bring to the Table
Eligible employees qualify for the following benefits:
- Stock options, as part of your overall compensation package
- 100% coverage of medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums for employees
- 50% premium coverage for dependents
- Available HSA and FSA programs
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company-paid short-term disability coverage
- Flexible leave, with dedicated parent and bereavement leave policies
- 401(k) plan
- Company-paid student loan repayment
- Referral bonus plan
Cybrary is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law.