We are searching for a Backend Engineer!
What does a Backend Engineer do at CyberGRX?
In this role, you will serve as a member of our talented engineering team helping to connect our industry leading cybersecurity risk data to our members. You will work with our Company/Subscription domain team who build technologies to grow our exchange members and ensure they have a seamless user experience within our platform through automation. Our engineers are energized by our mission, passionate about security, and believe that CyberGRX is making a difference in securing the world.
What a day in the life looks like:
- Design, Build, and maintain core backend and front-end software in the CyberGRX stack using Python, Typescript and React, producing high quality code with good test coverage using modern abstractions and frameworks when appropriate
- Connect our product with back office systems and vise versa, allowing for a seamless end to end experience for our members
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally across several departments including your engineering teammates, product, platform, and test engineers to ensure our architectural vision remains coordinated, well-understood, and built-to-last.
- Lead and participate in knowledge sharing, and contribute to the overall growth of knowledge on your team and within the engineering organization
What you bring to the table:
- At minimum you should have:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer in Python
- A strong understanding of Python 3
- Familiarity with microservice architectures (ours are written in python)
- Experience using key value stores (DynamoDB, Redis), relational databases (PostgreSQL), and message brokers (RabbitMQ, AWS SQS)
- An appreciation for unit and functional test strategies and test automation
- In addition preferred qualifications include:
- GraphQL knowledge
- Knowledge in Typescript & React
- Experience in XP practices, including test driven development, pair programming, CI/CD, and lean coding practices
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Able to learn new technologies, and teach other members of the team
- Experience with Agile and iterative development
Why you want to work for CyberGRX:
- We offer a competitive base salary (commensurate with experience) plus incentive compensation.
- We have an incredible benefits package including:
- 100% Company paid medical/dental/vision for employees & generous company contribution for dependent health benefits
- 401(k) program, including employer match up to 3% of your base salary
- $100/month stipend to use for wellness and WFH expenses
- Equity – Acting like an owner is one of our Core Values
- Remote Friendly Work Environment
- Open Time Off policy - Take the time you need when you need it.
- We are doing new and exciting things and have big plans for growth!
Annual Base Salary Range: $135,000 - $165,000
Annual Bonus Potential: 10% of your base salary
What is CyberGRX? CyberGRX is at the cutting edge of cybersecurity technology by providing enterprises and their third-party vendors with the most cost-effective and scalable approach to cyber risk management. With 63% of data breaches being linked to a third party, CyberGRX arms organizations with the data and advanced analytics to efficiently manage, monitor and mitigate risk in their partner ecosystems. Built on the market's first third-party cyber risk Exchange, CyberGRX combines both third-party vendors and enterprise organizations in one easy-to-navigate platform to streamline the risk assessment process.
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not have the exact skillset. We believe in cultivating an environment where there is a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
CyberGRX does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
CyberGRX prioritizes the health and well-being of employees, and vaccines are the best tool currently available to help control this global pandemic and protect our employees. Therefore, for everyone's safety, as a condition of employment: all employees will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the commencement of their employment (subject to the availability of reasonable accommodation when required by law). Some roles may be 100% remote and could be exempt from the vaccine mandate.