Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you gain a tremendous amount of strategic and operational responsibility? Do you want to be part of an exceptional entrepreneurial team with young, motivated, and extremely driven people? And are you curious or passionate about finance? If so, you might be our new Group VP of Finance.
Our Group is a modern-day operational investment business with companies across financial services, professional services, education and personal development, media, real estate, and conferences. We continuously look for opportunities to start, partner, or acquire exceptional companies; developing them in order to expand the group's impact.
What we offer you
As our Group VP of Finance you get the unique opportunity to be a key player in building one of our portfolio companies. By providing you with the ownership of our finances, we want to constantly push you out of your comfort zone. You’ll be working out of our HQ in London or in Copenhagen. To ensure a never-ending growth curve, we provide you with:
- An opportunity for getting operational experience in a start-up or scale-up where both your work and the results are highly tangible and matters to the business
- A chance to work closely together with our CEOs and founders on our finances and budgets as well as report to investors on a monthly basis and participate in board meetings
- Proactive strategic responsibility including M&A activities across Our Group
- Unlimited growth potential in our company - we strongly believe in and have a track record of promoting internally
Your responsibilities will vary; however, some of them will be to:
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting of both financial and operational performance
- Assume responsibility for day to day finance operations such as cash flow, payments, payroll and P&L
- Secure compliance with relevant standards and rules within tax, VAT and transfer pricing
- Support and report to management on strategic financial decisions (budgets, management accounts, investments etc.)
What we expect from you
You possess an unparalleled work ethic with a high sense of urgency. You have a relentless drive and desire to be the very best at what you do. You take ownership of everything you do, are proactive and follow through on commitments. Moreover, you’re humble and you share our passion for building and executing new businesses. Furthermore, we expect that you:
- Have acquired a bachelor’s or master's degree with outstanding results
- Have +2 years of work experience with outstanding performance within finance
- Have an EU work permit
- Have an exceptional attention to detail
- Have excellent problem-solving skills
- Are highly process-oriented and systematic
As soon as possible.
Work is from London or Copenhagen.