An inclusive work environment is an empowering one. At Cutover, we lead with empathy and enable others to succeed through curiosity, kindness, and self-expression.
Location: London or New York
You can choose how often you’ll work from home vs the office - whether you’re fully remote or hybrid.
Cutover has built the world’s first enterprise-wide work orchestration and observability platform that enables seamless human and machine collaboration. In 2021, we announced a $35 million Series B financing round led by Eldridge (alongside existing investors Index Ventures, Sussex Place Ventures, and Contour Ventures) and we’re thrilled to be embarking on our next exciting chapters of growth.
We’re scaling our Technology organisation in a big way in 2022 and we’re super keen to bring some more QA talent into the team. We’d love to find an enthusiastic QA Engineer who is excited to help build a best-in-class product that our customers can’t live without.
What tech stack do we have here at Cutover?
What will you be doing?
- Taking ownership of test automation within the Core Front-end squad.
- Collaborating closely with engineers, QA & Cloud engineers in an agile development environment.
- Enable engineers by working with teams to continually improve test tools, testability and test environments
- Ensuring we have sufficient coverage to be confident in code deployments
- Working with Engineers to promote testability both through the development cycle and once development is complete in the lead up to a release.
- Writing tests across our testing suite, from unit tests to end-to-end, balancing speed & value.
- Optimising & improving current test frameworks by refactoring and automating where possible, creating fast feedback loops.
- Improve our automation coverage, process and pipelines to increase our deployment frequency
- Documenting current QA processes, making recommendations, and keeping track of QA backlog.
What we’d like you to bring to the table...
- 5+ years of experience delivering test tools.
- Experience writing or helping with test plans, test cases, and QA documentation.
- Excellent knowledge of agile software development processes, QA methodologies & best practices.
- Experience working with React or AngularJS.
- Experience with implementing automated tests using tools such as RSpec, Mocha, or Cypress and making code changes to improve testability.
- Familiarity working on pipeline creation and management (Circle CI)
- Exceptional writing, documentation, and verbal communication skills.
The good stuff…
- We're excited to offer Share Options as part of our compensation package.
- 20 (US) /25 days (UK) of PTO per year + public holidays, and we want you to take all of them!
- 3 volunteer days to use for any charitable/voluntary cause you would like.
- A top-tier private health insurance package.
- A 401k contribution plan/Aviva pension scheme (Depending upon your location).
- Work from home stipends.
- A personal learning and development budget through Learnerbly. You’ll be supported in your quest for knowledge, whatever that looks like to you.
- If you’re thinking of starting or growing your family, then you’ll be in great company - more than half of our team are parents and we’ve built a globally consistent parental leave approach that we’re proud of.
- Employee Referral Scheme.
- Safeguarding the mental health of our teams is paramount for us. If you’d like to, then you’ll be able to avail yourself of multiple Cutover mental health initiatives, from fully subsidised therapy sessions to subscriptions to leading wellbeing platforms.
- All the company swag you could ever need.
Interviewing with us
Through our interview process, we aim for you to hear more about the challenges we work on and the problems we look to solve; to give you a great experience while meeting our team; and to ensure you leave with a good understanding of life here at Cutover!
Over three steps via Zoom, you’ll meet a member of our People team, future teammates, and our Head of Quality. Within this, you will have a technical interview which will include questions on your experience with automated testing.
Diversity Statement - Empowering Our Teams
We encourage our team to bring their authentic selves to work, which we have found has strengthened workplace relationships and fostered a genuine sense of community - especially during the past two years of the pandemic.
If you are excited by this role, we invite you to apply! Even if your profile doesn’t check all the boxes, please don't simply scroll past! We recognise that talent lies everywhere and that some demographic groups are more likely to apply for a "stretch role" than others. We are always open to different perspectives and professional backgrounds to keep Cutover's culture evolving and to ensure that we never stop learning.
Cutover is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Maintaining an equitable hiring process is imperative to our mission. All applicants are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, protected veteran or parental status.