Hi, I'm Matt, Director of Mobile Engineering at Customer.io.
I'm looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing Mobile Engineering team. As an Engineering Manager for Customer.io, you will work with Leadership and your peers to shape the engineering culture and process as Customer.io continues its growth in 2023 and beyond.
We have an experienced group of engineers, strong technical leads, a proven architecture, and a track record of delivering major improvements with stability.
While your influence is important across the entire engineering organization, your most important responsibilities will be to build structure around people management, career guidance, working structures in our squads, and overall project management.
We are seeking product-minded, empowered individuals who work collaboratively with their peers on interesting problems, and get those solutions into the hands of customers quickly. We value diversity, attracting the best people in the world to serve as colleagues. Our flexibility and freedom to work from anywhere in the world enables you to craft a work environment in which you can do your best work.
As an Engineering Manager at Customer.io, you will...
- Own and grow our suite of mobile SDKs.
- Empower the engineers in your team to succeed by identifying how to measure success and mentor them on how to achieve those goals.
- Champion our culture. We strive to be inclusive, cooperative, and empathetic.
- Recruit and hire new team members, with an emphasis on increasing our diversity.
- Improve our processes, and identify gaps in how we work.
- Work directly within your squads to create accountability for delivery timelines, promote healthy work culture, and ensure quality in new product features.
- Initiate, influence, and drive technical projects within your squad to ensure our solutions are scalable, architecturally sound, flexible, secure, and that technical debt is incurred consciously and repaid in a reasonable time
- Be an advocate for our vision of a great product team: Product Management defines problems and outcomes, while Engineering & Design define the solutions.
We're looking for someone who...
- You’re passionate about the creation of developer tools and the open source communities that support them.
- You’re genuinely excited about managing and developing people. While you started as an engineer, you're committed to management as your career path.
- Ideally you've had an opportunity to manage reports remotely, but this is not a requirement.
- You have a strong technical foundation in mobile application development platforms and frameworks.
- Product-minded with a proven track record of leading high-performing product engineering teams.
- Located in the EMEA time zones
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,700 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $140,000 - $180,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we encourage 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and employment verifications as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by March 3 and tell us why you're interested in the position! We plan to respond to all applicants with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process (though the order is subject to change):
45 minute video call with Matt, our Director of Engineering
45 minute technical interview with two potential teammates
1 hour project working session with two potential teammates
Final interview with Kitt, our VP of Engineering