Hi - I'm Gin, Senior Billing Manager at Customer.io! I'm looking for a Billing Specialist to join our growing Operations team.
Customer.io is looking for detail-oriented and empathetic Billing Specialist who enjoys customer-facing work along with creative problem solving. As a Billing Specialist at Customer.io, you'll put our values of empathy and transparency at the core of everything you do. Billing plays an important role on the team and isn't only about the dollars and cents bottom line, but combining the need for process with a customer service touch. You'll be working with our customers closely through a streamlined process, as well as collaborating across departments such as Sales, Engineering, and Operations. As the first line of support for billing questions from customers and team members, you'll manage the day-to-day of making sure we're billing our customers accurately and transparently.
Some things you'll do
- Respond to and own customer inquiries and liaise internally to get answers to customers
- Monitor and respond to alerts on our billing systems, flag issues and make corrections and adjustments to accounts
- Send and monitor the status of open invoices for our Premium customers
- Help to manage our overdue processes with empathy and transparency
- Help our Customer Success Team answer billing questions and process renewals for Premium customers
- Help our Sales Team close deals by getting contracts out the door and building custom pricing plans
- Creative problem solver who can understand the customer problem - you'll own the questions that come to billing and work with customers and team members to find balanced solutions.
- You're the kind of person who loves to dial into the details. In billing, that extra zero, that checkbox, that decimal point, they matter.
- You'll have strong written communication skills and be comfortable having uncomfortable conversations. Billing can be delicate and complex, you'll likely find yourself balancing clarity and precision with empathy and friendliness.
- You're a resourceful person who enjoys solving problems independently but isn’t afraid to ask for help or collaboration when you need to.
- We take a customer focussed approach to our billing. Ideally, you’ve worked in customer-focused or a customer-facing role.
What we're looking for
- You'll need to have overlap with your Manager based in the UK. UTC-7 to UTC-3 would be ideal.
- Bonus, but not required: If you've worked with Stripe or a similar payment gateway - shout about it in your application!
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 2,600 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $60,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- 20 days PTO - we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 5pm PST June 21st and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, tell us what your favorite list-making process or app is, and why you love it so much. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by June 23rd with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
30 minute video call with our Recruiting Manager
45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
Take Home Assignment
Take Home Assignment review with two potential teammates
Final Interview with VP of Operations