At Customer.io we believe that businesses who create strong relationships with their customers will outperform the ones that don’t.
We’re working to make Customer.io the default choice for any internet business to deliver great, automated customer experiences at scale. Customer.io is used by over 1200 businesses to create continuity after a person leaves a website or mobile app. Every message (receipts, win-backs, and on boarding) across every channel (email, push, sms and more) can be managed and measured in Customer.io.
We're looking for collaborative site reliability engineers who love solving interesting puzzles and are excited to help us build out a scalable platform that our customers love. We understand that you might not have all the skills we've listed, and that's okay. If you have a combination of some of the items listed and you're interested in developing in the others, we want to hear from you!
Our small, remote-first team is fun-loving, passionate and highly effective. We offer a lot of opportunity to grow and refine your skills while having a significant impact. Other members of our site reliability team have backgrounds in a wide variety of industries, from Telecom to Gaming, and we believe that embracing our unique perspectives and expertise is key to our success as a collaborative team.
We value diversity, and as a distributed company are committed to giving you the flexibility and freedom to work from anywhere in the world, on a schedule that fits your family and your life.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will:
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow Customer.io scaling to support real-time processing and delivery of billions of messages.
- Plan the growth of Customer.io’s infrastructure.
- Improve the deployment process to make it as boring as possible.
- Be on our on-call rotation to respond to Customer.io availability incidents and provide support for technical support engineers with customer incidents.
- Ensure monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages.
- Document every action so lessons learned turn into repeatable actions and then into automation.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Take an active role in a friendly supportive team that encourages you and the entire company to grow as individuals, professionals and teams
- Learn, practice and share with your coworkers through code review, pair programming, team collaboration and training to help improve our collective knowledge and best practices together
What we're looking for:
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make great decisions in an empathetic and respectful way
- Experience in managing and working with RDB systems, preferably MySQL.
- A solid understanding of problems of scalability and experience deploying and managing distributed applications on cloud infrastructure.
- Deep knowledge of UNIX environments and ability to apply modern collaborative development practices. Go experience is nice to have, but most of our engineers have succeeded while picking it up on the job
- Experience working within a distributed company is preferred
Why should you work with Customer.io?
There are lots of interesting and challenging projects for you to work on independently and with the team. You’ll have a say in what we do, and will collaborate across different teams. For example, our SREs and backend engineers help the support team with customer questions on a weekly rotating schedule.
We offer competitive salaries at or above market rate. Senior SREs range between $108,000 - 138,000 USD, depending on experience and subject to market rate. Check out our career's page for more information on our great benefits and why you should come work with us!
We want to build and maintain a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment where everyone has the opportunity to learn, mentor, and grow. We know that diverse teams make better products, and especially encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply — if you have any questions, please let us know via Twitter. We don’t want “culture fit”, but “culture add.” We want people with different backgrounds from the team we have today to bring their perspective and thoughtfulness to the work that we do and the culture we’re always working to build.
Come join us!
Apply below and be sure to add your favorite linux distro in your cover letter!