Senior Associate, Media Relations
Current Global is a global communications agency and creative powerhouse. Our footprint spans Asia, Europe, North and South America with strength and depth across corporate, consumer, health, and technology communications. Our dynamic team of brand marketing, public relations and digital veterans work with some of the world’s most iconic brands to develop highly strategic and creative campaigns, collaborating across our four talent communities: Client Experience, Insights, Content, and Integrated Media.
The best ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences, which is why we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are mission critical to building strong teams, cultivating great leaders, and creating an agency where everyone can do their best work. At Current Global, difference is valued, equality is a mandate, and inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative. Our Accessible by Design commitment that every piece of communication we create will meet the highest accessibility standards to reach people with sight, hearing, speech, and cognitive impairments was recognized as a 2021 World Changing Idea by Fast Company.
We put humanity at the heart of everything we do, from our internal culture to the way we help clients understand that people want to connect with brands as real and human as they are. We offer exciting career opportunities for entrepreneurial leaders. Learn more at www.currentglobal.com.
Current Global is looking for a Senior Associate – Media Relations to join our rapidly growing technology practice. The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about developing strong relationships with media and journalists to deliver impactful coverage for clients. The candidate should ideally have a background in tech media relations and business-to-business writing, with experience in the automotive and mobility sectors. The person in this role will help develop and implement engagement campaigns for a variety of B2C and B2B tech clients.
- Develop relevant, timely and engaging story narratives for clients
- Follow the news cycle and trends to ensure we’re inserting clients into story opportunities in strategic and culturally relevant ways
- Help to educate clients on the new media landscape; including upcoming news outlets and verticals, new reporters and the latest trends in the media
- Represent the agency and clients with journalists and influencers to illicit positive, productive and purposeful coverage
- Strong writing and pitching skills; getting to the heart of the story in a concise, but impactful manner
- Draft key messaging and story narratives (pitches, alerts, releases, social content, etc.) to positively position clients and educate media on the client’s point of view
- Contribute to campaign measurement and evaluation criteria
- Prepare timely team and client updates on all stages of project execution
- Conduct media research
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of experience in PR (agency or corporate in-house) or media property
- Ability to translate technical subject matter to mainstream audiences
- Journalistic instincts and skills in uncovering and developing stories
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills that are clear, concise and direct, with a keen attention to detail
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; applicant must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently and interdependently
- Excellent time and project management skills
- A curiosity and passion for technology and innovation
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Current Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Current recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.