Vice President, Client Experience
Current Global is a global communications agency and creative powerhouse. Our footprint spans Asia, Europe, North and South America with strength and depth across corporate, consumer, health, and technology communications. Our dynamic team of brand marketing, public relations and digital veterans work with some of the world’s most iconic brands to develop highly strategic and creative campaigns, collaborating across our four talent communities: Client Experience, Insights, Content, and Integrated Media.
The best ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences, which is why we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are mission critical to building strong teams, cultivating great leaders, and creating an agency where everyone can do their best work. At Current Global, difference is valued, equality is a mandate, and inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative. Our Accessible by Design commitment that every piece of communication we create will meet the highest accessibility standards to reach people with sight, hearing, speech, and cognitive impairments was recognized as a 2021 World Changing Idea by Fast Company.
We put humanity at the heart of everything we do, from our internal culture to the way we help clients understand that people want to connect with brands as real and human as they are. We offer exciting career opportunities for entrepreneurial leaders. Learn more at www.currentglobal.com.
At Current Global, we put humanity at the heart of everything we do, from our internal culture to the way we help clients understand that people want to connect with brands as real and human as they are.
We are looking for a Vice President, Client Experience with diverse B2B/B2C expertise in corporate communications. The ideal candidate will possess corporate-based leadership, executive counsel, and crisis and issues management experience. The candidate will have the opportunity to drive a broad range of corporate reputation campaigns across a variety of clients, while building and leading a team of practitioners and collaborating with our specialty teams to develop strategic and creative client work.
The candidate should demonstrate success building relationships at the C-suite level and advising clients through business challenges. The Vice President will have proven leadership skills, thought leadership relevant to corporate reputation and branding, and expertise in executive visibility, crisis and issues management, and integrated media campaigns. DEI, social impact and/or sustainability expertise is a plus.
- Own responsibilities for leadership of multiple client programs, budgets, teams
- Lead our issues management/crisis approach at Current Global
- Serve as a senior corporate communications lead in the areas of internal and external communications and brand reputation, including development of integrated strategies and plans, providing executive counsel and leading flawless program execution
- Build, nurture and expand client relationships as a primary or day-to-day client counselor, growing organic revenue as a result
- Oversee the development and stewardship of corporate client narratives to address business opportunities, drive market differentiation and optimize growth/market share
- Develop and ensure execution of client communication programs on schedule and within budget
- Conceptualize and oversee pitching of well-developed stories to key national, trade and other media of importance to client goals
- Leverage industry knowledge and experience to proactively support and recommend new ideas to exceed client expectations
- Contribute to the career growth of junior team members, serving as mentor and role model
- Manage ongoing team resourcing/staffing to ensure successful delivery of work product
- Actively participate in agency development and new business
- 8+ years of relevant reputation building and corporate communications experience, ideally with both agency and in-house experience
- Significant experience providing thought leadership and counsel to senior management
- Significant experience with issues/crisis management
- Experience working with integrated teams on integrated marketing campaigns
- Confident presenter and persuasive speaker
- Financial acumen in the areas of budgeting, billing and staffing
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
- DEI, social impact and/or sustainability expertise a plus
- Ability to translate client needs into workable plans/projects
- Strong decision-making skills
- People management and development
- Experience with clients and accounts that are measurement and evaluation driven
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial and inclusive
Current Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Current recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.