Manager, Media Relations
Current Global is a global communications agency and creative powerhouse. Our footprint spans Asia, Europe, North and South America with strength and depth across corporate, consumer, health, and technology communications. Our dynamic team of brand marketing, public relations and digital veterans work with some of the world’s most iconic brands to develop highly strategic and creative campaigns, collaborating across our four talent communities: Client Experience, Insights, Content, and Integrated Media.
The best ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences, which is why we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are mission critical to building strong teams, cultivating great leaders, and creating an agency where everyone can do their best work. At Current Global, difference is valued, equality is a mandate, and inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative. Our Accessible by Design commitment that every piece of communication we create will meet the highest accessibility standards to reach people with sight, hearing, speech, and cognitive impairments was recognized as a 2021 World Changing Idea by Fast Company.
We put humanity at the heart of everything we do, from our internal culture to the way we help clients understand that people want to connect with brands as real and human as they are. We offer exciting career opportunities for entrepreneurial leaders. Learn more at www.currentglobal.com.
Current Global is looking for a Manager, Media Relations. The ideal candidate will be resourceful with an entrepreneurial spirit, a motivating leader with excellent communications skills, and someone who is passionate about developing strong relationships with media and journalists to deliver impactful coverage for clients. The candidate should have a proven background in media relations, with technology and corporate-related media relations expertise and also a willingness to pitch and learn about different media verticals.
The ability to translate client objectives and business strategies into story narratives that the media find useful and compelling is a must.
- Craft media relations plans that leverage the most effective media players and personalities to meet client objectives
- Translate communications strategy into relevant, timely and engaging story narratives
- Keep a pulse on the news cycle and trends to ensure we’re inserting clients’ narratives in targeted, culturally relevant and insightful ways
- Educate clients on the new media landscape including up and coming media outlets and verticals, new reporters as well as the latest trends in media
- Proactively identify media themes that could impact a client’s reputation
- Strong writing and pitching skills, getting to the heart of the story in a concise but impactful manner
- Ability to generate new media relationships on behalf of clients and expand upon existing relationships as well
- Generate key messaging and story narratives (pitches, alerts, releases, etc.) to positively position clients and educate media on the client’s point of view
- Demonstrate knowledge of client business objectives and proactively suggest ideas and programs to meet those objectives
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn about clients’ businesses and products regardless of industry
- Represent the agency and clients with journalists to illicit positive, productive and purposeful coverage
- Contribute to the career growth of junior team members, serving as mentor and role model
- 5-7 years’ experience in PR (agency or corporate in-house) or media property
- Experience working with technology brands a plus
- Journalistic instincts and skills in uncovering and developing stories
- Trusted, personal relationships with influential media and journalists
- A deep understanding of the evolving media landscape, consistently keeping a pulse on new opportunities and platforms to tell your clients’ stories
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills that are clear, concise and direct, with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work well across various teams and multi-task/juggle multiple client projects
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with clients and accounts that are measurement and evaluation driven
- Strong presentation skills, poise and professionalism
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial spirit
Current Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Current recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.