About Current Media Group:
Current Media Group is a collection of direct mail and online brands offering products direct to consumer. We are known for products ranging from fun and trendy greeting cards to stationery and personalized gifts. Many of our unique and creative cards and gifts are designed and manufactured at our Colorado Springs, CO location.
Write concise, creative, persuasive sell copy for Print, Internet, and Social Media to the satisfaction of the Creative Manager and the Project Managers of all business units.
- Responsible for the direct selling of merchandise to the customer by creating sell-copy for all marketing components, including catalog, media pieces, Internet, email broadcasts, social media, and any other pieces as directed.
- Researches product information through communication with Merchandising, reviewing new products developed by merchandising, researching vendor websites, reviewing PI sheets and online research of similar products.
- Ensures the accuracy of all copy details by keeping track of product information, marketing and merchandising promotions, pricing and strategies, and creative changes as they occur. Promptly making necessary revisions/changes.
- Understands unique differences between our brands and writes effective copy that reflects the voice of each brand and speaks to that customer.
- Studies research data on customer profile and preferences to assure appropriate and creative copy approaches, as well as studying competitive media, industry articles, and other sources to learn product trends and creative copywriting techniques.
- Works to establish schedules and manages own projects to ensure strict observance of deadlines.
- Proofreads own work to ensure accuracy and consistency of style, as well as editing and proofreading other writers’ work to ensure accuracy, clarity, consistency, and adherence to marketing and merchandising strategy.
- Provides proofing support to Product Design for new products, as needed.
- Meets or beats department deadlines (according to the macro schedule), and department goals. Meets copy voice and product copy goals, as directed by Merchandising at hand-offs, and as supervised by Creative Manager and Internet Manager.
- Communicates with teammates, manager, and other departments effectively.
- BA/BS in a related field (advertising, journalism, English, marketing) is preferred.
- 3+ years of related writing experience is preferred.
- Advanced skills in communications, editing, and grammar are required.
- Proficiency with Macintosh, Adobe InDesign, and Microsoft Word is required. Experience with PC and Microsoft Excel is desirable.
- Must be team-oriented, self-motivated, detail-oriented and require minimal supervision.
- Must be willing and available to work additional hours as needed.